Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS Hamer Mirage II Koa 1996 $OLD!

Hi y'all,

I've come to terms that I can only handle one Mirage in my life anymore (is it my Mirage I, or the idea that I'm ever going to play all of these guitars?).

Asking $1300 plus actual shipping cost.  I'd prefer to keep this stateside, but am not 100% firm on that.  PP/FF or check, whatever works for everyone.  PM me to chat about it.

It's overall in very good condition.   There's a little fret wear, but no dead spots or buzzing/fretting out.  You can get the action pretty low with no issues.

Some dings here and there, but this wood/finish hides it all pretty well.  There's a small amount of clear coat lift at the neck joint, not nearly as bad as some I've seen and/or owned.

I've changed the stock 3 way for a Super Switch that does this: 1: Bridge, 2: Outer coils, 3: Both Pickups, full humbucker, 4: Inner coils, 5: Neck.

The neck pu has been changed to a DiMarzio PAF, because the Jazz was 2 conductor.  It plays quite nicely with the JB.  If you want to return it to stock, I still have the Jazz and the 3 way, lmk if you want them included for a small price.  Includes a non original brown G&G hard case, it suits it well.

More pics here:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/d/san-francisco-hamer-mirage-ii-1996-usa/7506063510.html

IMG_4277.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Nice guitar at a great price 👍 

Hey Eli, post this on the Facebook group page... it'll probably sell quickly 

Thanks sir!  I actually don't do the FB, so I don't know if I can post over there.

1 hour ago, tildeslash said:

I have 2 Mirage I and 1 Mirage II, do I need a second Mirage II?

You might need a backup! 😀

It’s well known that I am a huge fan of Mirages. In fact; I played both my I and II this morning. Nice price for a stellar guitar topped with Koa (my personal favorite figured wood). 

GLWTS

Eli,

That's a nice looking Mirage.

Can you give me some specs and info on the neck?

What's the neck width, at the nut?

Thickness at the 1st and at the 12th frets to get an idea of its profile?

Is the neck nice and straight with no fret or neck issues other than a little fret wear?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, mtn cub said:

Eli,

That's a nice looking Mirage.

Can you give me some specs and info on the neck?

What's the neck width, at the nut?

Thickness at the 1st and at the 12th frets to get an idea of its profile?

Is the neck nice and straight with no fret or neck issues other than a little fret wear?

Thanks.

Hi,

The neck is nice and straight.  Width @ the nut is 1&5/8".  No fret issues other than what's mentioned.  I don't have calipers, so the thickness measurements are approximate.  @ 1st: 7/8"  12th: just slightly larger than 7/8".  The profile is typical of mid/late 90's Hamers I've owned, somewhere between C & D.

• Eli changed the title to FS Hamer Mirage II Koa 1996 $OLD!

I made the big mistake of showing the photo of this Mirage to my wife and she asked "why haven't you bought it already".   I sure married well!

Thanks Eli

17 minutes ago, RBG said:

I made the big mistake of showing the photo of this Mirage to my wife and she asked "why haven't you bought it already".   I sure married well!

Thanks Eli

Congrats!

17 hours ago, RBG said:

Thanks Eli

image.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived