Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wanted: Lightweight Monaco Elite

Keep the faith… I purchased this beauty here at HFC a few months ago and indeed it comes in at just under 7.8 lbs. However, it is not for sale just now.

053D2341-27B8-4764-A108-6E0051CFE550.jpeg

Too many years have passed to recall every Hamer, let alone the weight of each. But I definitely had at least one each chambered and solid body Elites. My personal preference was for the chambered (and much lighter) version. As best I know, they made quite a few of them.

My only remaining Elite is the goldtop with upgraded P-90s. NOT weight relieved, but it is just one of those guitars that I never expect to cut loose.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Northsider said:

Nice weight but geez. Guess my 3T is now worth 6K

I sure hope not, as I hope to have a Triple Threat someday!  But in reality, Wolfe Guitars is always on the highest end of retailer listings it seems, and they have a somewhat steady flow of Hamers that are all above typical market and sit for a long time.  I can see that guitar going above 2000, but maybe 2250 range to the right person, not close to 3000 with tax and shipping. 

Next bump includes a Triple Threat photo?  Very few of those photos are out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd think if lightweight is the most important quality, it might be worth playing a Super Pro and seeing if that sound grabs you. 

I vastly prefer mine to the solid Monaco I used to have, both on weight and sound.

But then, I'm not wanting the exact Les Paul sound. This is more articulate. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived