Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD: 1999 Vanguard P90

So I bought this on a whim..  I think I just freaked out because it was local..  Always wanted to try a P90 Artist style..  Anyhow Ive come to find its just too close to my other two Hamers and I recently sold my P90 special here a few months ago..   So I dunno what I was thinking.  Anyhow,  here is a fine example..  super clean.. dark board (its glorious).. nice weight.. ( I can get a close estimate)  This one has more of a Green tint to it..(as Im looking at it right now.. its silver. so it changes color :)  )  I dont think its faded. I think its the original color...    I dont think you will find a finer example of a Vangaurd.  $1200 net to me and prefer PPFF..  I have a ton of Ref if needed..  we can facetime also.. exchange phone #..  whatever..    Im only listing it here for now so you guys can have first dibs..   ships from 44212

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Ze main one is in Germany in the hands of Montelovesco....but his son does not want the guitar to move to France...:)

17 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Price?  It's ummm, like, da rules, man.

"So I bought this on a whim..  I think I just freaked out because it was local..  Always wanted to try a P90 Artist style..  Anyhow Ive come to find its just too close to my other two Hamers and I recently sold my P90 special here a few months ago..   So I dunno what I was thinking.  Anyhow,  here is a fine example..  super clean.. dark board (its glorious).. nice weight.. ( I can get a close estimate)  This one has more of a Green tint to it..(as Im looking at it right now.. its silver. so it changes color :)  )  I dont think its faded. I think its the original color...    I dont think you will find a finer example of a Vangaurd.  $1200 net to me and prefer PPFF..  I have a ton of Ref if needed..  we can facetime also.. exchange phone #..  whatever..    Im only listing it here for now so you guys can have first dibs..   ships from 44212"

Definitely the stock Silver Sparkle, not a custom color or green.  When the topcoat yellows, those either look gold or green.

Very cool guitar!

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Definitely the stock Silver Sparkle, not a custom color or green.  When the topcoat yellows, those either look gold or green.

Very cool guitar!

if I take the plate off the back.. even that is the same color as the rest of the guitar..  I would of thought it would have been a diff color

19 hours ago, Hbom said:

"So I bought this on a whim..  I think I just freaked out because it was local..  Always wanted to try a P90 Artist style..  Anyhow Ive come to find its just too close to my other two Hamers and I recently sold my P90 special here a few months ago..   So I dunno what I was thinking.  Anyhow,  here is a fine example..  super clean.. dark board (its glorious).. nice weight.. ( I can get a close estimate)  This one has more of a Green tint to it..(as Im looking at it right now.. its silver. so it changes color :)  )  I dont think its faded. I think its the original color...    I dont think you will find a finer example of a Vangaurd.  $1200 net to me and prefer PPFF..  I have a ton of Ref if needed..  we can facetime also.. exchange phone #..  whatever..    Im only listing it here for now so you guys can have first dibs..   ships from 44212"

Eeewps!  Missed it! 🤪

If you have a different guitar for sale, please make your own post and stop posting on OP’s “For Sale” thread.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:27 AM, neastguy said:

if I take the plate off the back.. even that is the same color as the rest of the guitar..  I would of thought it would have been a diff color

You can also tell because the logo has yellowed somewhat and isn’t the bright white the transfers were when newly applied.

14 minutes ago, neastguy said:

thanks..  Ive never seen anyone do that before :)

Most of those that I’ve seen appear more uniformly gold, not so much green.   That being said, I do have a ‘99 Hamer where the clearcoat looks more green than yellow, but I actually like it, since it goes well with the factory finish.

21 hours ago, cmatthes said:

If you have a different guitar for sale, please make your own post and stop posting on OP’s “For Sale” thread.

True! Sorry for that. 

Archived