Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Value of guitar

Dwayne

Question

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Dwayne said:

Hi there, I purchased a Hamer xt series Sunburst/AT. Was wondering what it’s value would be or purchased price. Made in China

Hmmm. The Hamer Fan Club is primarily a forum for Hamer USA guitar owners. That said: we are not cruel-types here! The later import line of Hamer's, The XT models are pretty much entry level budget guitars made in China under the Hamer name which I believe at the time was 'owned' (Hamer I mean) by the Kaman Group. They are a budget guitar and do not hold much value today.

On a personal level: the later imports were not seen to be real Hamer's just budget imports using Hamer branding. I would place them alongside cheaper Squier or Epiphone models. Very hard to give a price: I have seen cheap Hamer imports be listed for stupid money on eBay/Reverb by people who don't really know what they have. Very hard to price.

I personally would not pay more that £100/£150 for an XT. I have never handled one so I don't know how good/bad they are. I'm sure some of them are quite good (for an import).

The better Hamer imports are the earlier Korean-made ones (I owned one) or the later (2000-2002) Deluxe models (also made in Korea). I have owned the early Korean (Slammer Series Diablo) and the later Deluxe (Californian) models and can testify to their high quality.

I have no experience of the China-made Hamers or XT range...

Dwayne. Don't be put off by our friend here's good behaviour. We can be as insulting and derisive as the next Board. In fact, we get all worked up over nothing several times a day, but always seem to be distracted by a nice set of titties, or a BCRburst Wraptail with an ebony board. We'e a silly lot. This is a silly place. Don't go...

The XT are decent import guitars.  I have a Standard I bought in 2005.  Upgraded pickups and it plays and sound good. Nothing like the USA's but a decent guitar.  Anywhere from $100 to less than $400 seems to be the going prices. 

Archived