Hamer Fan Club Message Center

$OLD - USA Gretsch G6143 Spectra Sonic Lead - Made by Hamer

$OLD

Used 2002/2003 Gretsch G6143 Spectra Sonic Lead. I am the original owner - purchased at Shanghai Guitars in 2004. This was built by Hamer. The embossed SN is 2 0076 indicating it was made in 2002. There is another Gretsch SN 412651. The OK card is dated 3/2003. Everything in the last photo is included along with the original white pickguard (except the stereo and the Ric 360).

This is a chambered body (15.25" x 1.88") with a spruce top. 24.75" scale. The non original bridge pickup is a TVJ Classic Plus and I believe the neck pickup is a TVJ Classic. The weight is about 8 lbs, 3 oz. I would call the neck profile a medium C, measuring about .86" at the first fret. The guitar has always been stored in my humidified, non smoking home. It's in excellent shape showing typical light wear for a 20 year old guitar. No breaks, cracks, or repairs.

I am asking $2200 plus PayPal fees and shipping/ins. Contact me at atomicwash @ yah** d*t c*m for more pictures or to make the purchase. I would like to keep the sale within the contiguous states.

PSc4ry1.jpg

i7cEvWj.jpg

4ri8Nv6.jpg

nUcUYjt.jpg

kqyhcKy.jpg

These are fantastic guitars.  All the build quality we love from Hamer with that Gretsch vibe. They dont come up for sale very often. I think only about 150 were built ( Leads,  Baritones & Basses )

Remember seeing these Hanging in the factory at HFC factory day 3!!  

22 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

You always have the coolest shit, Danny.

Awwwwww

Hey, we're headed to the Edgewater Hotel tonight for some Evan Murdock. Whatcha doing?

21 hours ago, bruce919 said:

These are fantastic guitars.  All the build quality we love from Hamer with that Gretsch vibe. They dont come up for sale very often. I think only about 150 were built ( Leads,  Baritones & Basses )

No chit on availability. I did casual searches for a couple of years and only one popped up on Reverb a few years ago. No where near this condition so gave up after acquisition of P90 Duotone. So, ouch & GLWTS

• atomicwash changed the title to $OLD - USA Gretsch G6143 Spectra Sonic Lead - Made by Hamer
On 7/29/2022 at 10:42 AM, bruce919 said:

Wow, I had no idea that Hamer built some Gretsch instruments!  Did Hamer any other guitars for another brand??

3 hours ago, analogsystem said:

Very cool! I think I've seen the same guitar under the TV Jones brand, but I think those might be built elsewhere. Same body shape though. 

It was a TV Jones Designed. I believe the first few were hand built by TV Jones for Brian Setzer, He worked out some deal with Gretsch to build the guitars. Hamer did a run in 2001/2002 time frame. Gretsch had them made in Japan for a few more years after the first US run. The Current TV jones versions are built in Japan now as well. 

Archived