Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stickers on guitars

A few people have stuck stickers on their guitars, and they didn't seem to mind:

Brian Setzer had decals on his original Gretsch too, they're not on the particular Gretsch in this video, but I'd thought I'd post this video anyway because of the unique lineup...and can't forget Eddie's unique paint job on his guitar!

2 hours ago, crunchee said:

A few people have stuck stickers on their guitars, and they didn't seem to mind:

Brian Setzer had decals on his original Gretsch too, they're not on the particular Gretsch in this video, but I'd thought I'd post this video anyway because of the unique lineup...and can't forget Eddie's unique paint job on his guitar!

Still looks dildos. Don't care how awesome the player is...

10 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Do we (especially on Hamers)? Do we not? If so - which ones? Or is this considered a sacrilege?

5DADB86F-0EA8-4DF9-A793-8D70E8A1408C.jpeg

Good question. Actually, I wouldn‘t trust an old Kiss sticker to stay in place. 
However, what would be a great sticker on a Bentley?

I haven't put stickers on any of my Hamers but when I started playing I was into surfing and skateboarding. Skateboarding was big on stickers for our boards so I put a lot of stickers on the Fender bass I bought then.  It fit our style. Back was airbrushed by my friend and front covered with stickers.

edparty3.jpg

I would never put a sticker on any of my Hamer's. That said, I still think it can look cool as hell. Ask Johnny Thunders, Joe Strummer or Steve Jones.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUtIjCk9996xR2YPJM2yQ

368183.jpg 

big_steve-jones.jpg?v=1641943574

3 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Pfft...  do it if it makes you happy... life's too short 

This. /\

Everyone else can sod off.

22 minutes ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I take it that as a yes for stickers on your guitars ? 😊

That's a yes for do what you want: stickers, change out switches, pickups, wear shorts on stage, refinishes, drill f-ing holes in yer ax. Whatever.

Folks are gonna have opinions on what you do but if you're the one playing it and it makes you happy and you're aware of the ramifications of the action, fug 'em.

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

That's a yes for do what you want: stickers, change out switches, pickups, wear shorts on stage, refinishes, drill f-ing holes in yer ax. Whatever.

Folks are gonna have opinions on what you do but if you're the one playing it and it makes you happy and you're aware of the ramifications of the action, fug 'em.

Which is why at 65 I still wear spandex when I pull out a guitar. 

30 minutes ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

Which is why at 65 I still wear spandex when I pull out a guitar. 

I double dog dare ya to post a pic...

23 hours ago, RobB said:

Brooks? Well, ha-ha, that's another story altogether...

None of my guitars have stickers. That Hamer shredder you're thinking of was over 10 years ago. 

Archived