Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Where do you hide the battery on a Chaparral Custom with EMGs?

Hbom

Question

Title says it all. Asking for a friend.

Thanks.

Also does anyone know who's picture this is? I have it labeled as a Chaparral Custom w/EMGS belonging to Punkavenger but he said not his.

Punkavenger Chap with emgs cavity_.jpg

6 answers to this question

Agreed on the positioning.  Hopefully the thin foam will work, but I had a Chap5 bass that discharged very quickly anyway.  I wound up wrapping the battery completely, with several layers of electrical tape to keep it from shorting.  A PITA to be sure, but better than it conking out halfway through a show.

6 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

Hopefully the thin foam will work, but I had a Chap5 bass that discharged very quickly anyway.  I wound up wrapping the battery completely, with several layers of electrical tape to keep it from shorting. 

Yes thin foam "to keep from bouncing around inside" wrapped with electrical tape... really not a pita as changing battery is not that often... I've had a 9v battery inside my Jackson Soloist for years now... still waiting for it to die 🤣

On 8/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, Dave Scepter said:

Yes thin foam "to keep from bouncing around inside" wrapped with electrical tape... really not a pita as changing battery is not that often... I've had a 9v battery inside my Jackson Soloist for years now... still waiting for it to die 🤣

Don't wait too long, it might leak and cause corrosion!  

On 8/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, murkat said:

sturdy packing sponge, cut to size where you want in cavity, cut out a battery to size withing the packing sponge. easy peasy.

Oh, great idea!

Archived