Hamer Fan Club Message Center

best bluetooth portable speaker?

Jimbilly

Question

I really like having some Pandora tunes for my shop or backyard in summer. Over the winter I got a portable rechargeable Sony SRS XB33 (at a pawn shop of course), and I've enjoyed the heck out of it, replacing my ancient Roland small plastic 'studio' monitors.  I play the Pandora through my old phone and use the speaker in various locations in the house, yard, working on the car or bikes etc.

I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something a lot better than the Sony?  What do y'all like?  

11 answers to this question

Most bluetooth speakers are pretty good these days as long as it is a decent brand.  One of my favorites to use is the Samson expidition portable PA.  they make smaller ones that sound great and can be versatile enough to use for other purposes.

I have an older express. Had to replace the battery once but it was only $25 to replace.  Has bluetooth and three channel inputs.  Accepts mics, 1/4 and 1/8 inputs.

here is a more recent version.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SAXPESCP--samson-expedition-escape

My son bought me a JBL that was on clearance at Target that's pretty nice, but I'm also partial to the Oontz speakers (available on Amazon).  I heard about them from a column called Sound Advice.  Really good sound, and you can link them in stereo.

We are having the Marshal Kilburn for about 2 - 3 years. It is having a remarkable presence. No chance to ignore it. Even high volumes are clear, no fuzz really, build like a brick and very handy. Forget about a stereo bar when not listening within the stereo channel what mostly is the case, especially outside.

Version II has added little features. I bet you could save some funds buying Version I in the bay or so.

https://www.marshallheadphones.com/de/de/kilburn-ii.html

For what you are spending, you might as well buy a Positive Grid Spark 40: it's what I use :D

4 hours ago, G Man said:

The Sony I have is the smaller version, Yeah, I bet the XB43 is good, I'll have to keep an eye out for an upgrade.

1 hour ago, Jimbilly said:

The Sony I have is the smaller version, Yeah, I bet the XB43 is good, I'll have to keep an eye out for an upgrade.

I bought a factory refurbed one for about half off new price via Amazon and have had absolutely no problems with it.  I am thinking about getting a second one at some point to run stereo.🤘

I still use a Bose Soundlink Mini which I've had for maybe 8 years or more?

Its not the most modern or clever, but it sounds ace to me and is very convenient.

I have no idea if a used one would be good value compared with some new tech however.

the other bluetooth connecting speaker we have is one of these! https://electromarket.co.uk/vonyx-cvb15-15-bluetooth-active-speaker 

It was £115 when we bought ours new - and its big and its fucking loud!

On 8/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, BubbaVO said:

UE wonderboom

light, compact, portable, charge lasts, waterproof, has a tab you can use to hang it and sounds pretty good 

UE MegaBoom... I love mine.

Archived