Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3 setting control pot for Sustainiac?

diablo175

Question

Quest for the non-existent? I have a couple of Charvels to which I want to add Sustainiacs. I'd prefer not to have to drill holes for the mini toggle controls and was wondering if there was a push/pull control pot (to engage the sustain unit) that could be configured to have 3 settings in the rotation- normal sustain, sustain+ partial octave and full octave.
In the likely case that no such device exists, I'm wondering if anyone knows an electronics guru who might be able to whip something up like that?

5 answers to this question

there are also several versions of "super switch" that give a lot of options. 3, 4, and 5 position blade switches that fit the Strat slot.  and somebody makes switches that have 2 options at each position. so, a 3 position switch with 3 normal selections and 3 other settings. the switch shaft can be moved to a different set of contacts at each position. I can't find who made that one right off, but the Superswitch is east to find

as above, the rotary has tons of possibilities. I've built several experimental guitars using those with P-Rails

i did a sustainer in a soloist, no additional holes. super switch, push/ push pots and decisions to be made in regards to what tones are priority and what can be omitted for sustainer use

Archived