Hamer Fan Club Message Center

94 Special DGS

The price seems high considering that the guitar is only in Very Good condition with the disclaimer, "* Please note - there is a bit of belt buckle and playing wear"

Usually, DGS prices their Hamers to sell very quickly.  Looking at the pictures, however, there does not seem to be too much wear:

DCS_5031-2_1800x1800.jpg?v=1659998766

It always seemed to me that a red or diaperburst  P-90 Special was the gateway drug to Hamers, a fundamental building block for a Hamer harem.  They wen't for anywhere from $500 to maybe $800 for a really really nice one.  I'm not balking, just a bit surprised that even a working stiff model has gone up that much.

5 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

It always seemed to me that a red or diaperburst  P-90 Special was the gateway drug to Hamers, a fundamental building block for a Hamer harem.  They wen't for anywhere from $500 to maybe $800 for a really really nice one.  I'm not balking, just a bit surprised that even a working stiff model has gone up that much.

Almost all the prices seem surprising to me now.  But, when a higher-end MIC Epiphone goes for 900-1200 now new, $1200+ for a used USA Hamer lines up to me.

Looks like a nice one.  As for the price, I can certainly be a cheap bastard, but just imagine what the asking price would be if the headstock was adorned with "Collings" instead of "Hamer USA". 

Checking the "Sold" prices at a couple of sites puts $1400 at about the middle of 90s Special sales lately. Seem to be up in value everyplace but here.

I found one earlier this summer and was pleasantly surprised by current values.

But not as surprised as I was by the guitar. I almost sold it cheap to a few friends, but they all declined. Glad I found out how much I like it before someone said I Do!

11 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Phrasing People! Are we not doing phrasing anymore?😾

I had pretty much that exact same guitar back around 2005-ish. Mine was a ‘95 with humbuckers. Fantastic bare bones, rock guitar. Only reason why I sold it was because the ‘95 special FM I had at the time made it a bit redundant. I believe I bought and sold it around the $500-ish range so I get why it seems a bit much now. But, figuring in inflation over the last 15+ years and the quality of guitar it is compared to Indonesian and Chinese made guitars hitting the $1k mark…

It’s tempting…

Archived