Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NPD: Warm Audio Jet Phaser

RobB

These are on clearance at the Santa Clara GC for $149, the lowest price I’ve seen for this NIB.

789168C5-B59B-4985-9891-1F9778EF5AB5.jpeg 

Demoed it in the “iso room” (basically where they keep the booteeky, $$$ items in). It’s a repro of the early 70s, Roland Jet Phasor  Really well-built (weighs a ton). Comes with the option of two 9volts or 18v adapter operation

I won’t go through all the options, since there are many YouTube demos out there. Sound wise , it has that Isley Bros, 70s phase sound. Funky, trebly and OTT. The fuzz part is, well, 70s-like, too. The original Roland box is all over Uli-era Scorps records, especially on “Fly to the Rainbow” and, “Tokyo Tapes.”  

Anyway, enough of my yakkin’…let’s boogie!

Phase is the only modulation sound I actually use sometimes, esp when we jam on Jimi's "Who Knows". Beastie Boys sampled "Who's That Lady" on Paul's Boutique, I didn't know who the original artist was for years.

Ooh, looks cool. Congrats on the grab. I use phaser so sparingly, and at the lowest possible settings when I do. The EVH Phase 90 works perfectly for me cuz I set it so low in the mix. That looks way more versatile for someone wanting a wider range of the phase effect. 

7 hours ago, Travis said:

That looks way more versatile for someone wanting a wider range of the phase effect. 

Definitely. Truly versatile, from trebly-phase sqwonk, to a pretty realistic rotary with the ramp-up/down switch. It would never kick the Whirlwind Orange off of my main board, though. 

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Beastie Boys sampled "Who's That Lady" on Paul's Boutique, I didn't know who the original artist was for years.

That's a classic flanger/fuzz sound, almost like a ring modulator or thru-zero flange. The Jet Phase is more of a...that first big chord on, "Fly to the Rainbow", where Uli does his Jimi-chord thing ("I've lived in magic solitude, etc...")

50 minutes ago, RobB said:

That's a classic flanger/fuzz sound, almost like a ring modulator or thru-zero flange. The Jet Phase is more of a...that first big chord on, "Fly to the Rainbow", where Uli does his Jimi-chord thing ("I've lived in magic solitude, etc...")

Of course, my bad. Tokyo Tapes!

Archived