Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Headed to the Great White North

tommy p

I'll be in Toronto and Niagara Falls (Canadian side) at the end of September.  Any "must visit" guitar shops up there?   Any other tips on cool things to do, restaurants, or anything else would be appreciated!

11 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

If you see the band "Nice Guyz Finish Last" featured at any venue, go and introduce yourself as an esteemed member of the HFC to the guitar player. He is a lyrical savant and knows how to dial in that elusive Steve Stephens Rebel Yell guitar tone using only a Tech 21 stomp box, a feat that has baffled beginning guitar players and 11 year old aspiring producers for decades. His profuse detailed instructions for this achievement will have you captivated, so bring pen and paper.

Buy him some beers and prepare to be regaled with tales of rock and roll debauchery that would make Nikki Sixx blush, you know, the type only experienced by those who took their vision to the mountaintop.

Ask him about the doublenecked Hammer Phantom he once almost owned, denied him by cruel fates, Asian chicanery, and a lack of sufficient funds.

Thank me later.

This wouldn't be about a guy you ran off the board, I believe he was Canadian.....😈

Well, if you’re in Niagara Falls, you could cross the border and be at my house in about 20 minutes.

But it’s not very interesting and all the guitars are kinda crappy.

18 hours ago, tommy p said:

I'll be in Toronto and Niagara Falls (Canadian side) at the end of September.  Any "must visit" guitar shops up there?   Any other tips on cool things to do, restaurants, or anything else would be appreciated!

There's a cool place called Paul's Boutique that has used stuff.

I live in Ottawa, I haven't been there, but I bought a nice recording preamp from them online. 

I check their instagram quite a bit and they have a a wide variety of stuff. Prices seem quite reasonable to me as well.

Edit add link:

https://paulsboutique.ca

On 8/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, RobB said:

It's a beauty way to go!

On 8/12/2022 at 9:10 PM, alantig said:

CN Tower Edge Walk?

This is a no go.  I'm deathly afraid of heights!

On 8/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, stobro said:

Niagara Falls!

Love it - my mom used to go into this routine every time someone mentioned Niagara Falls.

I can't get this pic to post under RobB's comment.

c5ecf97910ced825856d5dddc87ce320.jpg

Safe travels Tommy P.

Archived