Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1995 Studio - Facebook marketplace, Cherry Hill, NJ - $875

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/389583466603151

No affiliation.

EDIT:  Ok, I'm confused.  I'm new to Hamer, but in my digging around, this guitar doesn't look right.  Is it an Archtop Studio with a different bridge/stop bar, or is it an Archtop Custom with an unbound neck and dot inlays?

image.jpeg.1513a9d15aea56433861c3271e1f3580.jpeg

On 8/16/2022 at 11:22 AM, jer_vic said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/389583466603151

No affiliation.

EDIT:  Ok, I'm confused.  I'm new to Hamer, but in my digging around, this guitar doesn't look right.  Is it an Archtop Studio with a different bridge/stop bar, or is it an Archtop Custom with an unbound neck and dot inlays?

image.jpeg.1513a9d15aea56433861c3271e1f3580.jpeg

I saw an old Hamer ad on eBay with a guitar similar to this.  The same ad is in The Book I recently got and on page 128 they called it the Archtop Studio. 

Unless I'm missing something, what's wrong with the bridge and stop bar?

This seems to be in order. Awesome price.

You may want to ask if the finish is cracked or missing along neck where is meets fretboard.

Ask for pictures. 

Nice find!

Apologies for maybe not explaining my confusion.  It's based on these 2 pages from the 1995/1996 Hamer catalogue:

Archtop Custom:

96arch.jpg

Archtop Studio:

96stud1.jpg

The guitar in the ad looks like it has the neck of an Archtop Studio, and the bridge/stop bar of an Archtop Custom.  Here I will reiterate my newbie-ness to all things Hamer.  I gather they sometimes went off script, and that variations were possible, so perhaps the advertised guitar is such?

Also, in case anyone is being polite and waiting for me to buy it, I'm on the wrong coast and the wrong country to make the effort for this particular guitar (although the price is certainly attractive). So have at it, HFC members!

Looks fine to me. My Studio  (not a custom) has dot fret markers, a stop tail piece and TOM bridge like the photo in the OP. If memory serves it’s a 2006. They came both ways over the years. Maybe the experts here will elaborate. 

9 hours ago, jer_vic said:

Apologies for maybe not explaining my confusion.  It's based on these 2 pages from the 1995/1996 Hamer catalogue:

The guitar in the ad looks like it has the neck of an Archtop Studio, and the bridge/stop bar of an Archtop Custom.  Here I will reiterate my newbie-ness to all things Hamer.  I gather they sometimes went off script, and that variations were possible, so perhaps the advertised guitar is such?

It is confusing until you understand, then it's just baffling.

If you read the "Archtop Solid Body Guitar" link on this page it might help some.

Hamer Model Index (buddlejagarden.co.uk)

5 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

What it is is a mighty fine damn deal of a guitar!

Agreed.  This is in my area, give or take, but the seller never replied about a week ago.  He has a ton of guitars up for sale.  A lot of 80's style shredders.

Oh wow, that is a really good price. I think only the 1995/1996 era had the Wrap-Tail and Gut Cut on the Archtop Studio as a standard option. Before and after, it had the usual TOM and Stoptail. My archtop studio is from 1993 and has that setup.

Damn...I was just visiting Philadelphia mid last week and would loved to have checked this guitar out. 

I should have been spending more time on internet forums and less time vacationing with my wife....🙄

Archived