Hamer Fan Club Message Center

how to ship a guitar

Pfft, that's not a guitar... That's my new/old Witches cauldron I bought from Salem Amazon~zOYO0CR.png

“Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of newt and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog, Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.”

First Hamer I bought, the guy just taped the case shut, slapped a label on it, and mailed it. 

Actually made it just fine.

Foolishly, I sold it some years later, and noticed it a few years later on Reverb with a broken headstock. Damn thing was minty too when I sold it... it was like it was just destined to be ruined by some a-hole.

2 hours ago, LucSulla said:

First Hamer I bought, the guy just taped the case shut, slapped a label on it, and mailed it. 

Happened to me too. The guitar arrived like this. Morons...

y4mHUjM6NUoHv3YCmkZ7tB_T_ILnDOl76Feu_Txl

That is so ridiculous I can't even believe someone actually did that and thought it was OK. I have not shipped any guitar in years now as it is crazy expensive, and all shippers are just so unreliable. REVERB and EBAY as far as selling anything are plagued with issues more than ever.  NtTWhN8.jpg

15 hours ago, beezerboy said:

picture from the Tele forum. guy actually received this....

shipping guitar.jpeg

But it arrived in perfect shape and was even in tune!

7 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I bought a 90's Duotone that was shipped that way through the US Mail. They duct taped the case shut & taped a address label on the front of the case. It showed up fine. I had to air & clean out out that case. Smelled like it lived a dive bar and used as a beer coaster. 

Bought a late 80's Ibanez , the seller made a wooden crate took the neck off the guitar and put the tremolo , neck plate & screws in a bag. wrapped them all in bubble wrap inside the crate. Some assembly required... Had to get a hammer & a prybar to open up the crate. 

11 hours ago, DaveL said:

You would think the carrier would reject that.    

They probably would if the shipper purchased the shipping insurance.
Then they would deny any claim related to it, so it's a lose/lose!!

Years back I got a used Newport shipped from AZ by USPS in the dead heat of summer. Took 5 days, case was inside a triangle cardboard box, no extra packing, nada. Perfect condition, I was amazed.

Archived