Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - Charvel USA Select Style 2


Recommended Posts

I know I'm supposed to be downsizing and all, but while flipping through Reverb the other day and dreaming of Charvel prices from days of yore, a Charvel priced like days of yore popped up. I couldn't resist, particularly because this one seems to have had a bunch of F.U. stuff added that one might really consider and upgrade, like titanium saddles and what not. 
It wasn't a steal, but it was about the same as the last USA select I bought back in 2018, which I got a pretty good deal on back then. 

I figured worst case, they go back down to where they were four years ago, and I'm in line with that.  Best case, I got a really smoking deal on probably my favorite guitar brand, at least as far a bold-ons. 

I mean, just look at that slab of rosewood! 

 image.jpeg

image.jpeg

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

I know I'm supposed to be downsizing and all, but while flipping through Reverb the other day and dreaming of Charvel prices from days of yore, a Charvel priced like days of yore popped up. I couldn't resist, particularly because this one seems to have had a bunch of F.U. stuff added that one might really consider and upgrade, like titanium saddles and what not. 
It wasn't a steal, but it was about the same as the last USA select I bought back in 2018, which I got a pretty good deal on back then. 

I figured worst case, they go back down to where they were four years ago, and I'm in line with that.  Best case, I got a really smoking deal on probably my favorite guitar brand, at least as far a bold-ons. 

I mean, just look at that slab of rosewood! 

 image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Love it!  What’s the neck like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Travis said:

Love it!  What’s the neck like?

It's a modern C basically. Not super thin, but not beefy. Also feels wide and flat due to the radius. Other than that, usual Charvel thing - Feels like it's been played for decades even though it has been barely played at all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats man!!! That's sweet! Especially with the FU Tone add-ons.

I've gone completely over to the Charvel side. I posted about the MIM DK24 one in my "News From The Bench" thread and since that time, I've ordered a limited edition DK24 (133 units, North America only and completely sold out now) that ships next month.

Best friggin' necks- evah!!!

 

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 3.34.02 PM.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, LucSulla said:

...but while flipping through Reverb the other day and dreaming of Charvel prices from days of yore...

...and this is why Fender has a Reverb shop now.

I get Reverb ads on a couple different websites, and a few of the pictures have gotten me to click, and then I check on a few other guitars I've been thinking about, and before you know it, I've either purchased something or decided to set up a new feed entry to buy something when it pops up.

So MUCH greater chance of impulse purchases on Reverb than on Fender's own website, methinks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

...and this is why Fender has a Reverb shop now.

So MUCH greater chance of impulse purchases on Reverb than on Fender's own website, methinks.

Most definitely~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

...and this is why Fender has a Reverb shop now.

I get Reverb ads on a couple different websites, and a few of the pictures have gotten me to click, and then I check on a few other guitars I've been thinking about, and before you know it, I've either purchased something or decided to set up a new feed entry to buy something when it pops up.

So MUCH greater chance of impulse purchases on Reverb than on Fender's own website, methinks.

While I wouldn't classify this as an impulse buy for me per se, I see what you mean and think it depends on who the market is, really, as far as where those ads take people. For those of us buying used gear, definitely. But for a lot of folks who've always wanted a new Fender when they had the money, I'm going to guess Fender is a first stop even if the Reverb add was what triggered that notion desire. It would be interesting to see how different the market segment shopping for used vs. new is (you might have just inspired a project for a class this semester). 



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice.   I’ve always liked that hot rodded tele set-up.    So remember when you could buy those used style 2 USA pro mods for five Hundy on the used market   They were a nice time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DaveL said:

Nice.   I’ve always liked that hot rodded tele set-up.    So remember when you could buy those used style 2 USA pro mods for five Hundy on the used market   They were a nice time.  

That was about the same time I bought my Special FM and Cali standard for five hundy as well…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveL said:

Nice.   I’ve always liked that hot rodded tele set-up.    So remember when you could buy those used style 2 USA pro mods for five Hundy on the used market   They were a nice time.  

I bought a SoCal and a Style 2 for around that and sold them both later on. The Style 2 I miss more because they got so expensive, but that SoCal was a great guitar I kick myself over losing all the time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RobB said:

I like that, Jason. Interesting juxtaposition of the switch/vol. knob, but it looks to be easy to switch gears. 

Pickup switching is cool too.  You can squeeze out some pretty get twang and chime. Doesn't replace a tele per se, but it's good enough when you need that live. image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...