Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'The New Yorker' profiles Creedence Clearwater Revival

Decent article; well-written. I tend to agree with most of its pronouncements

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-creedence-clearwater-revival-revival

This is probably the best New Yorker article I've read since "The Decline of an American Furniture Manufacturer" in 2014...because it's the only  New Yorker article I've read since "The Decline of an American Furniture Manufacturer" in 2014...

• Like 6

^^^My hairline is starting to look like that.

Here's a link to the 2014 New Yorker article, also well done, IMO.

YMMV, and I'd appreciate any comments about this one as well.

https://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/the-decline-of-an-american-furniture-maker

Thanks Willie G. That was a good article. Funnily enough, I never considered CCR as an under-appreciated band. In every cover band I was in, CCR hits would instantly fill the floor.

• Like 1

I've loved CCR since riding in my older brother's '65 Mustang with the top down and the crappy stereo cranked. I still listen to them regularly.

Good one, Willie. Thanks!

• Like 2

Then there's this one, if you're into online documentaries.

I wish every online documentary was as balanced as this one was. Might could have used a few more comments from Stu and Doug, but it was put together well and showed that he's a lot more complex than his show biz caricature as Ol' Flannel Shirt.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, specialk said:

I recently finished Fortunate Son by John Fogarty. I liked it, not full of whiny crying. 

I read that last year, I felt it did have a lot of whiny crying.

Great article. Big fan.

Edited by Brooks

Posted (edited)

Affable guy in public, as well. This is from a Pomona guitar show in '96 or maybe '97, around the time of the Blue Moon Swamp album. That was a great and diverse record with unique "blends" of instruments (a dobro and a Farfisa on "Bring It Down To Jellyroll" is exemplary. Note that he's doin' the flannel shirt thing offstage as well. He just meandered around the venue in an unassuming manner, just like everybody else. 

Fogerty.jpeg

Edited by Willie G. Moseley
  • Like 4