Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: CL Finds (no affil.)

16 minutes ago, django49 said:

Had I not found the Huber Dolphin, I am pretty sure I'd have kept at least one Tally Pro.

I’ve heard that on more than one occasion. Some have said that the Talladega was Hamer’s near miss at a Dolphin copy. As great as my Talladega is, I feel like I should try a Dolphin sometime to see if it really is that much better. 

I feel like the Dolphin calls to me. 

It’s like the best features of the Tally/Tally Pro put together. 

Single cut, humbuckers, wraptail, single V/T…

Edited by Travis

1 hour ago, Travis said:

I keep coming back to that Tally Pro.  Not only is it the first gold top I’ve seen in that model, it’s the only Pro I’ve seen with dot inlays. Not even a 12th fret Victory like the Tally amateur. Now I’m wondering if anyone ever ordered a Talladega with crowns….

Additionally, I just noticed that the knobs on the Tally aren’t speed knobs. Original? Have to ask the seller if they have the custom order doc. 

4 hours ago, Travis said:

I’ve heard that on more than one occasion. Some have said that the Talladega was Hamer’s near miss at a Dolphin copy. As great as my Talladega is, I feel like I should try a Dolphin sometime to see if it really is that much better. 

I feel like the Dolphin calls to me. 

It’s like the best features of the Tally/Tally Pro put together. 

Single cut, humbuckers, wraptail, single V/T…

And, I would add, a very good coil split (push/pull) which I find valuable for what I do. Some folks may not care. The Dolphin typically comes with Haussell Vin(tage) and Vin(tage)+ pickups which I think are great. FWIW, that particular Dolphin just fits me better than any other guitar I have ever had......And there have been (still are) some really good ones. Numero Uno since day one, about 8 years ago. Def worth taking one for a test drive if you get the chance.

• Like 1