Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1981 Vector USA (?) - $2195, Cedar Springs, SC

Not sure if the headstock logo was a redo or not - the size is off for an ‘81, but the serial is correct and the headstock face matches.   🤔

Since most of the logo transfers were white, it’s possible that they didn’t have one for the lighter colored headstock face and used whatever black dry transfer they had in hand.

Also, it’s not a factory yellow guitar to my eyes - looks like really yellowed white, which would be more likely from back then.

6 hours ago, jer_vic said:

https://reverb.com/item/59767297-hamer-vector-1981-yellow-v-ohsc-tags

Doesn't have the "USA" bit on the headstock logo?  No affiliation.

spacer.png

If I were a fellow member on the HFC, I would want to hear what I am about to tell you:  I had a negative experience with this particular seller on Reverb.  He misrepresented the nut width on a Phantom XII as being a shade under 1-3/4". when it was really 1-5/8".  He was rude and disrespectful.  Even after I sent him a photo of me holding up a tape measure to the nut, he said I was not holding the measuring tape properly!  (By the way, I had my wife measure it independently.) The guitar also had some minor damage that was not disclosed prior to the sale, but after seeing the guitar in person, I could see a hint of the damage in his photos that was not noticeable to me from the photos alone.  Reverb eventually ruled in my favour for a full refund, but it was a headache.  

Archived