Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS/FT: Hamer Californian / Aztec Gold flame maple body - $2700 shipped worldwide

Hi guys, I think someone may have posted this but I never did -- killer flame on this one!

https://reverb.com/item/54622796-hamer-californian-elite-usa-1990-aztec-gold

I'm in Japan, and I've been watching the yen fall a bit lately vs. other currencies, which is making life pretty tough.  But on the other hand, it also makes it so I can come down pretty low on this and offer it for $2700 while the rates are what they are, and with that i'll include shipping worldwide, which is definitely a few hundred in most cases.  There are some caveats, I think I may not be able to ship to Canada or Germany, but I can ship to the US or France, so I can at least get it close by.

The Reverb listing has I think all the info you need, but just overall a probably above average condition Californian in one of the most desired specs.  Hit me up by email if you're interested.

Technically also interested in a Korina Standard, but with the yen so low, hard to add cash to anything.  I've got a bunch of cool amps though.

Classic! Reminds me of the Hamer ads back then I would drool over. And the Dean ads I would...uh, nevermind. 

Too bad about screwing a hole through the neck nut area and you'd think he would take 30 seconds and put the string nut clamps on before taking photos...

Please accept my apologies as I reread my comment and I did not want to come across as rude... 🤔

Yea, I mean, you said this when the other guy posted it too.  Personal belief, but I don't think any serious buyer is going to be put off by not having the nut clamps shown in the photo.  Or that like there's not a trem bar attached to the bridge, etc.  Both are included, but both are also trivially cheap.

Damn, had one pretty much exactly like this but with black hardware and a Hamer stamped Floyd. Looks like this one had a bridge change out to an OFR but with shorter string screws. Good move IMO.

Changed out the EMGs in mine for SD Blackouts. Too harsh and the head stock... well, you know :P  I eventually let it go.

Maple Cali.jpg

8 hours ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

now I'm curious: does it stay in tune with moderate trem use without the string locks?

Well I might be less of a trem user than the average Hamer fan, but I've never had any issues with it.  But I've got quite a few guitars around at the moment and when I reach for one it might have been a while since I last played it, so I'm more concerned with those kinds of tuning changes these days.  Basically all my floyd guitars have the string locks either off or loose these days.

7 hours ago, scottcald said:

String locks are pretty cheap if they're not included.  

https://www.floydrose.com/collections/parts/products/frncb?variant=29882352850

Yea, but to clarify, they are definitely included 🙂 

7 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Damn, had one pretty much exactly like this but with black hardware and a Hamer stamped Floyd. Looks like this one had a bridge change out to an OFR but with shorter string screws. Good move IMO.

Changed out the EMGs in mine for SD Blackouts. Too harsh and the head stock... well, you know :P  I eventually let it go.

Maple Cali.jpg

That's a nice one!  Headstock looks good to me 🙂

also to clarify, I wasn't kicking the tires. I have the Salmon Blush Cali Elite that's my AVI pic.  I'm thinking about trying a Schaller Vintage trem in it. They don't have fine tuners, tho, so I'd have to remove the locks. I thought the rule was that straight string travel allows tuning stability with trem use, and the Cali's strings go off at an angle to the tuners.

But since narad has the locks off for the picture, I figured that was how he normally played the guitar. 

So I was curious if he had the trem blocked or didn't use the trem much or if it actually somehow worked okay.

So I appreciate the explanations.

12 hours ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

also to clarify, I wasn't kicking the tires. I have the Salmon Blush Cali Elite that's my AVI pic.  I'm thinking about trying a Schaller Vintage trem in it. They don't have fine tuners, tho, so I'd have to remove the locks. I thought the rule was that straight string travel allows tuning stability with trem use, and the Cali's strings go off at an angle to the tuners.

But since narad has the locks off for the picture, I figured that was how he normally played the guitar. 

So I was curious if he had the trem blocked or didn't use the trem much or if it actually somehow worked okay.

So I appreciate the explanations.

Ah, that's a beautiful guitar.  About the locks, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it -- I think the logic as you state it is the more generally correct one.  It's just been a long time since I've been really practicing anything with a lot of trem use, yet almost all of my guitars have floyds.  Still I've been surprised by how well a properly setup floyd with a lubed nut and locking tuners can stay in tune with moderate trem use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 1:56 PM, diablo175 said:

Maple Cali.jpg

Was that a bolt on or glue in neck?

Archived