Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitarlington 2022

currypowder

On 9/4/2022 at 8:33 PM, kizanski said:

Dude... How big is the guitar that pickup is for??

image.png

Those pup's will fit a Gibson Giant Paul.....It's a 49" scale

Another Guitarlington, great to see @Currypowder again, you really should have gotten the Gretsch.   Really nice job with the pictures. 

@Shankyboy, great to meet you.  Hope to see you at DIGF in the spring. 

@HamStd - always great to see you, there is never enough hours in the day and THANK you Peter. 

Regarding Hamer Guitars, there were probably about the same number of Hamers at Arlington as they were at Dallas earlier.  Interestingly, none of the Hamers from the Dallas spring show were at Arlington….not a single one.   To my recall that has never happened before.  I would see the same guitars one or two shows.  Draw your own conclusions.  

I was anticipating seeing at least one 4D Standard based on the number recently on line.  Didn’t see any or they moved between dealers on Friday.  

Currypowder is correct, this show is the one to see unique interesting guitars. 

Hamerica

That Kramer XL-8 caused me to do a bit of detective work, seeing if the grain matched one that will be illustrated in an upcoming article I've written about eight-string basses. Not the same instrument but always fun to do that kind of investigative research.

And it seemed like any eight-string bass I tried out while working on the article was too heavy for me to consider, if I was looking for such an instrument. An octave stomp box is cheaper, too.

Teaser: Jol Dantzig had a great line in the article about how eight-string basses are supplemental (my term, not his):

“Multi-string basses are usually used like hot sauce in the studio, so I’m always hearing from artists who have owned them for years, but they didn’t necessarily wear them onstage. The eight-string was always a part of the mix; it just didn't get the spotlight like the ‘twelves’ did. I guess it was a matter of making our mark.”

I hate contributing to thread hijacks but in this case ... considering Bernie Rico in the 1970s was hanging his hat on his nicer everything Martin D-series clones, I'd say BC Rich's metamorphosis into exotic shape/wood/electronics solidbodies like the Bich Eagle and Mockingbird were a substantially more significant metamorphosis.

Archived