Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 2004 Korina Special, factory 2x P-90’s, SOLD, Reverb (no affiliation)

1 hour ago, santellavision said:

I was about to pull the trigger on this axe, but the thicker neck carve gave me pause. Damn.

image.gif

• topekatj changed the title to PSA: 2004 Korina Special, factory 2x P-90’s, SOLD, Reverb (no affiliation)

That was quick, and rightly so. 

Every time I see one of these, I'm reminded of my MIJ Rabbit is Korina DC, one of my faves. Of course, it's not configured the same with the bridge HB, has a funky headstock (which I like) and I would never make the claim that it's "as good" as a Hamer. But it's light, resonant and plays like a dream. I find the pickup combo covers a lot of ground.

y4m500lZYQ_M8lKdaNpigdn7fpmh4g4RjMkXmVj5

y4mI2m5xAUWslfYEBuS98XKN41og659-GwLvemU6

y4me7ShSQYemy91Taget2eYqZEvsoFv9lG1HrSp5

3 hours ago, santellavision said:

I was about to pull the trigger on this axe, but the thicker neck carve gave me pause. Damn.

Did Hamer truly offer different neck carves in the early 2000’s, or was there simply variation due to the hand carved nature of their manufacturing?  I haven’t played enough of this era to know but would be surprised if there were different neck profiles produced (using different specs).

9 hours ago, topekatj said:

Did Hamer truly offer different neck carves in the early 2000’s, or was there simply variation due to the hand carved nature of their manufacturing?  I haven’t played enough of this era to know but would be surprised if there were different neck profiles produced (using different specs).

Yes, they had the thicker vintage carve and the thinner modern carve. I’m not sure of the exact years when they offered the two options. All of my mid 90’s Hamers were very similar and my old ‘01 Artist Korina HB was definitely THICC. I’ve never played a 2000’s Hamer with the modern carve as I naturally gravitate towards more wood in my hand… 😂

Archived