Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Different songs with the same title

About a decade ago I wrote a newspaper column titled "The 'Heartbreaker' Chronicles", about songs with that single word title. At the time, the earliest I'd been made aware of was by the Andrews Sisters. Then there were songs in my generation by Led Zep, Free, Grand Funk RR, Pat Benatar Dionne Warwick and others, and more recent fare by will.i.am, Pink, etc.

Was recently wondering about other songs with mutual titles and any diversity between them (the more diverse, the better) and have started a list for another potential commentary.

For starters, there's "Eat the Rich" by Aerosmith and Motorhead, and "Lost in the Ozone" by Commander Cody & the Lost Planer Airmen vs. Motorhead.

If there's a particularly twosome (or more) of similarly-monikered songs you recall, please advise. You might also want to note which you prefer and why. Thanks in advance.

Howzabout "Trouble?"

The first two of these are things I liked doing live....

Will Ray

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKWLKLls1Y

Elvis

Preston Shannon

And for more contrast, Cat Stevens

Never mind Double Trouble and Trouble in Mind and the like.

I thought for sure they were going to miss Loudness - Let It Go, but it was there. Pretty thorough.

In my record collection there's "Candy" by The Astors, Iggy Pop and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. According to YouTube there's also a song with the same title by Mandy Moore. They're all vastly different.

58 minutes ago, stobro said:

In my record collection there's "Candy" by The Astors, Iggy Pop and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. According to YouTube there's also a song with the same title by Mandy Moore. They're all vastly different.

More three-ways from my library:

I Want You - Beatles, Squeeze, Elvis Costello

Last Night - Little Walter, The Mar-Keys, Traveling Willburys

She - The Monkees, Green Day, The Subdudes

On 9/5/2022 at 8:22 AM, stobro said:

More three-ways from my library:

I Want You - Beatles, Squeeze, Elvis Costello

Last Night - Little Walter, The Mar-Keys, Traveling Willburys

She - The Monkees, Green Day, The Subdudes

The Strokes for Last Night also.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:46 AM, Steve Haynie said:

You need to add KISS to the She list.