Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1981 black Special FS *Sold*

@kizanski was correct.  It was only a matter of time.

I'm letting supporting HFC members in the US have first crack at this one before it goes up on Reverb (probably Friday).

Weight: 8.5 lbs
Neck Profile: C
Neck Thickness: 0.825 @ 1st fret, 0.875 @ 12th fret
Nut Width: 1.66"

Very nice 1981 Hamer Special with a solid black gloss finish.  The volume and tone knobs, and possibly the pickup rings, may have been replaced, all other hardware appears to be original.  The period correct (and likely original) Hamer hardshell case is included.

The guitar shows very little wear, and is in fantastic condition considering it is over forty years old.   The frets are in great shape.  Like any black guitar, you can see polish swirls and very shallow scratches in the finish in direct sunlight. 

The guitar is remarkably clean. The truss rod functions perfectly, the neck is straight and all electrical components work as they should.  The guitar has not had nor does it need any repairs.  It's set up with 0.10 - 0.46 gauge strings, low action and no buzzing with normally aggressive playing.

The neck is similar to a Gibson 60's profile, with a comfortable "C" profile .  Precise measurements are noted above.

Sold

     

fullsizeoutput_1055.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1057.jpeg

1 minute ago, pirateflynn said:

I see Dave’s first three sentences, ending with (probably Friday). There is a block of empty space and two pictures at the end. Is there more to the post?

Very nice 1981 Hamer Special with a solid black gloss finish.  The volume and tone knobs, and possibly the pickup rings, may have been replaced, all other hardware appears to be original.  The period correct (and likely original) Hamer hardshell case is included.

The guitar shows very little wear, and is in fantastic condition considering it is over forty years old.   The frets are in great shape.  Like any black guitar, you can see polish swirls and very shallow scratches in the finish in direct sunlight. 

The guitar is remarkably clean. The truss rod functions perfectly, the neck is straight and all electrical components work as they should.  The guitar has not had nor does it need any repairs.  It's set up with 0.10 - 0.46 gauge strings, low action and no buzzing with normally aggressive playing.

The neck is similar to a Gibson 60's profile, with a comfortable "C" profile .  Precise measurements are noted above.

$1,550.00 shipped within the lower 48.  That's pretty much exactly what I paid.  I'll be asking more on Reverb.

     

11 hours ago, pirateflynn said:

I see Dave’s first three sentences, ending with (probably Friday). There is a block of empty space and two pictures at the end. Is there more to the post?

$1,550.00 shipped within the lower 48.  That's pretty much exactly what I paid.  I'll be asking more on Reverb.

11 hours ago, pirateflynn said:

No matter.  The 1st sentence is the important one. 

• BadgerDave changed the title to 1981 black Special FS *Sold*

Archived