Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA not affiliated 91 Cali filp on Reverb

4 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

I call that type of seller a Chicken Hawk.

But that's just me.

He was selling another Cali with apparent issues and all my questions were ignored numerous times... so add "Sketchy" to Chicen Hawk

As has been said before (and often) on the HFC, 'Askin' ain't sellin''.  'The Gunter Collection', huh?  At that price, the only thing that guitar will be collecting is dust.  <_< 

Edited to add: I contacted the seller about this guitar, told him it looked nice but sure looked familiar too, then sent him the link to the original (first) Reverb listing from this thread.  His response (with emoji!): "Yep. B)"  The term 'Chicken Hawk' doesn't come to my mind regarding this character, but 'scumbag' sure does.

9 minutes ago, crunchee said:

As has been said before (and often) on the HFC, 'Askin' ain't sellin''.  'The Gunter Collection', huh?  At that price, the only thing that guitar will be collecting is dust.  <_< 

Not necessarily, that's not a terribly bad price for that guitar… it's just I've noticed there is some weird shady shit going on with movement of guitars on the Internet lately... 

57 minutes ago, WorstBandName said:

beautiful guitar - bummer it was a fast flip

The original owner should have asked for more.

I don't mind people making some money but doubling the price seems excessive to me. 

I've purchased expensive pieces for my collection but I'm not rewarding this guy with a sale.

Is it just me or does the logo look like it's a decal on top of the finish. Could be optical illusion or a Ed Roman wanna be.

These are just opinions and observations based on my limited knowledge. 

I'd love an expert to chime in because it looks like the headstock is off and not just the logo. The geometry looks wrong.

Maybe I'm wrong.

ayedpbbu89gww4cep1n6.jpg

20220908_222312.jpg

On 9/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, Ham Rex said:

The original owner should have asked for more.

I don't mind people making some money but doubling the price seems excessive to me. 

I've purchased expensive pieces for my collection but I'm not rewarding this guy with a sale.

Is it just me or does the logo look like it's a decal on top of the finish. Could be optical illusion or a Ed Roman wanna be.

These are just opinions and observations based on my limited knowledge. 

I'd love an expert to chime in because it looks like the headstock is off and not just the logo. The geometry looks wrong.

Maybe I'm wrong.

ayedpbbu89gww4cep1n6.jpg

20220908_222312.jpg

I'm sure it's legit.

A black logo was probably requested as a custom order and wouldn't show up very well over the red, so they put a white logo underneath and overlaid the black on top.  I've seen that a few times before, but it certainly wasn't common.

Archived