Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 12 string Chap Bass MusicGoRound Indianapolis

Not saying that's a refin - it's a super cool color, in any event - but I can't see any traces of a serial number.   Not sure if it was obscured for the photos/posting, but if no serial is there, it's definitely not original and shouldn't command that kind of price (which might set a new high record for a B-12L).

12 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Not saying that's a refin - it's a super cool color, in any event - but I can't see any traces of a serial number.   Not sure if it was obscured for the photos/posting, but if no serial is there, it's definitely not original and shouldn't command that kind of price (which might set a new high record for a B-12L).

41121-S000041011-12?auto=compress,format

A2B467B9-B685-4FCD-A2C7-7D2CACAFA7D7.jpegI enhanced and lightened the exposure and it DOES look like it has a serial number - starts with a “5”, but tough to make it out.

37 minutes ago, Menehune said:

Beautiful, but I imagine it requires a modified playing style. And continuous tuning.

This reminds me of the joke:  lute players spend half of their time tuning the instrument, and the other half playing out of tune.

54 minutes ago, Menehune said:

Beautiful, but I imagine it requires a modified playing style. And continuous tuning.

Not really.  The Dual Truss Rod USA 12 strings are remarkably stable.  I’ve never had an issue with any of mine going out of tune.  I recently pulled my B-12M out of the case for the first time in over a year…only had to do a few cents on one of the G Octave strings.

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Not really.  The Dual Truss Rod USA 12 strings are remarkably stable.  I’ve never had an issue with any of mine going out of tune.  I recently pulled my B-12M out of the case for the first time in over a year…only had to do a few cents on one of the G Octave strings.

That's impressive.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 1:59 AM, cmatthes said:

I need that B-12M. If you can just ship it. We’ll work out details later 😀. Seriously I was just talking to a friend this morning. Probably my biggest bass regret was selling a gold B12M. Only 12 string I actually enjoyed playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in the store yesterday. its is a 1996, finish looks to be org. , the back of the neck has some dull spots, over all it looks good, all the tuner buttons have been changed out to pearl type plastic. The finish is a dark transparent purple. 

The individual in the shop was a giant d-bag. "He didn't feel comfortable with me taking photos of the bass or other guitars in the shop" 

6 hours ago, bruce919 said:

I stopped in the store yesterday. its is a 1996, finish looks to be org. , the back of the neck has some dull spots, over all it looks good, all the tuner buttons have been changed out to pearl type plastic. The finish is a dark transparent purple. 

The individual in the shop was a giant d-bag. "He didn't feel comfortable with me taking photos of the bass or other guitars in the shop" 

You should have told him “I’m in the HFC, and I’m trying to help you, motherf*cker!”  😂 

12 minutes ago, Cary said:

You should have told him “I’m in the HFC, and I’m trying to help you, motherf*cker!”  😂 

I actually did. That how I introduced myself. Told him I came to take some photos and get some info the the HFC. He handed me the bass let me look it over . When I took out my phone to take a few pics , he got pissed and reply he was not comfortable with me taking photo and put it back on the wall. That is exactly what I was thinking when he took the bass back. Hay I'm trying to get this info to a group of people who actually might want to buy this, but after his attitude, my final was let the thing rot on the wall. 

17 hours ago, bruce919 said:

I actually did. That how I introduced myself. Told him I came to take some photos and get some info the the HFC. He handed me the bass let me look it over . When I took out my phone to take a few pics , he got pissed and reply he was not comfortable with me taking photo and put it back on the wall. That is exactly what I was thinking when he took the bass back. Hay I'm trying to get this info to a group of people who actually might want to buy this, but after his attitude, my final was let the thing rot on the wall. 

Lame.   I’ve had odd experiences with MGR stores too.   It’s a weird business.  They seem to want to prioritize trade-ins and foot traffic rather than web sales.    (I thought the idea was to /sell/ stuff…). A 12er Hamer is a niche instrument so I think you’re right.  That one is sadly destined to be wall art in-store for some time.    

Always turn away any free advertising, especially when stuff isn't exactly flying off the shelves! 

There used to be a MGR a bit over an hour from me (30 minutes or so East of Seattle) I stopped in whenever I could. The owner was really into graphic finish Kramers and had several on display behind the counter. They always had some interesting used gear. I remember I bought an Alembic bass preamp for cheap there once, the two channel model, it looked really old then.  One of my regrets is passing up the ice pearl Scarab they had for $199, I saw it there at least twice. 

Archived