Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rick's Rock'n Vodka

Odd choice for a sponsorship, since Nielsen stopped drinking 20 years ago, and he’s hardly known by the primary Vodka-drinking demographic (18-29 yr. olds and then 30-49 yr. olds) but then again, I’m not interested in investing, nor drinking Vodka.

I guess that Rick and the band are the only positive thing associated with Rockford, IL, so they came to him for promotion?  He does invest a lot in the town and various businesses, but this doesn’t ring sincere.

16 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Odd choice for a sponsorship, since Nielsen stopped drinking 20 years ago,... this doesn’t ring sincere.

"What could I do? They threw all this money at me..."

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 7.58.54 AM.png

I have zero interest in this, but some questions in no particular order:

• If it tanks, can I sue Rick for his influence getting me to invest?

• Is Rick going off the wagon?

• I hate that he has a shirt with the CheapTrick logo font. 

• Doesn't he have enough of his own money to do this?

• Can I now assume anything he does with Gibson is also disingenuous?

5 hours ago, scottcald said:

• Doesn't he have enough of his own money to do this?

He may have the money, but if he has no experience in producing or marketing vodka it is better to just be an investor.   If he wants more involvement he is going to have to put in more time, and that means less guitar fun.  

Bruce Dickinson loves aviation, but partnered with someone who knew the business better than he did.  However, he learned a lot and took on more responsibilities while still in his 40's.  

Somehow, I cannot see Rick looking for more work in his 70's.

And let’s not forget Neil Geraldo and Three Chord Bourbon.  I actually saw a middle-aged guy in the local Home Depot last weekend, wearing a Three Chord T-shirt.

This seems to be a trendy way for late ‘70s rock stars to support themselves in their dotage.  It’s not just poorly-made concert shirts on the merch table any more.

Gene $immons was DECADES ahead of this game…

59 minutes ago, santellavision said:

Sammy Hagar sold 80% of his Tequila company for $80 Million bucks.. 15 years ago!!! Insane.

https://drgnews.com/2022/05/07/15-years-ago-sammy-hagar-sells-cabo-wabo-tequila-for-80-million/

Clooney sold his Casamigos Tequila Co. in 2017 for 1 BILLION dollars~

4 hours ago, Brooks said:

Elwood Blues vodka

dan.jpg

I actually have a few bottles (skulls?) of that stuff.  Not bad!  If I’m drinking vodka, there are other options, but can’t beat “The Look”…

On 9/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, cmatthes said:

Gene $immons was DECADES ahead of this game…

Does this imply that Kiss would be a Back To The Future band just on vacation in our times?

Archived