Hamer Fan Club Message Center

more NGD: Edwards Les Paul

I liked the Edwards Flying V enough that I grabbed another one.  

this one is the E-LPC   their version of the Les Paul Custom but less

the Duncan pickups and the guard...  for the differential ($200 ish),

I figured I could put in something cool avoid the JB and '59/Jazz combo.   

The stock pickups sound nice.  A vintage hot Gibson 500T ish? ,  keeping

them in for now.   I was expecting a 9 to 10 lb behemoth but it actually came

in at 8 lbs 1 oz...   nice dark ebony board, bone nut, nice tuners (gotoh 18-1)

and hardware.    keeper...   

Pics        

i-TZfkRxx-L.jpg

i-gWK3q9b-L.jpg

i-V9CPsJ3-M.jpg

i-fNqRPMR-L.jpg

i-CRn4p53-M.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Man, these Edwards are looking awesome! Has anyone compared Edwards vs. Navigator which I believe is their higher line models? 

I had a LP Classic with 500T bridge that I thought really brought the rawk! Especially for hard rock/ metal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZR said:

Man, these Edwards are looking awesome! Has anyone compared Edwards vs. Navigator which I believe is their higher line models? 

I've owned a few Edwards, starting with an LP Special and a few LPs. Compared to my korina Navigator Explorer, the main difference is that Edwards are generally factory-made and ESP/Navigator get more hand detailing with top-line woods and are finished with nitro. I would say ESP puts the best they can into all their instruments, regardless of the price point.

ETA: Nice LPC, Dave! You've got the Japan Guitar Bug.

Edited by RobB
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, RobB said:

I've owned a few Edwards, starting with an LP Special and a few LPs. Compared to my korina Navigator Explorers, the main difference is that Edwards are generally factory-made and ESP/Navigator get more hand detailing with top-line woods and are finished with nitro. I would say ESP puts the best they can into all their instruments, regardless of the price point.

This!

After years of trying out many different MIJ brands and models, I still conclude that Edwards are one of the absolute best "bang-for-the-buck" brands out there, especially if you find them used in Japan and are willing to navigate the whole importing process. I'm not saying they are the only one, but they are incredibly consistent in their quality, playability and tone. But they are production level guitars. Navigator, Momose, high end Tokais and Crews, etc. lean more to custom shop, hand made guitars.

• Like 4