Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My first Hamer, on the way :) So pumped!

Cboss

With both pickups on try lowering the volume a bit on one of the pickups. Isn't that the way to operate the traditional Hamer controls guys?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I forgot you only had one volume on this guitar. I believe that, normally, say on a sunburst or studio with two volume controls you can turn down one to say 9 and negate the out of phase sound. I think it's pretty cool like that.  I wonder if it was wired that way by mistake? Maybe you can switch the leads on just one pickup to test.

Are all Hamers with two volume controls still wired this way or was it only for certain years?

2 hours ago, Cboss said:

I really love that there's only one volume on this guitar, makes it very quick and easy to find something you like, there's one tone but I almost never use it

I like to have 2 volumes "1 for each pickup" and no tone... it would be very easy to do that on your guitar without the need for extra parts 

On 9/27/2022 at 5:20 PM, ZR said:

Sorry, I forgot you only had one volume on this guitar. I believe that, normally, say on a sunburst or studio with two volume controls you can turn down one to say 9 and negate the out of phase sound. I think it's pretty cool like that.  I wonder if it was wired that way by mistake? Maybe you can switch the leads on just one pickup to test.

Are all Hamers with two volume controls still wired this way or was it only for certain years?

I have read about that and am curious how that would work.  The stock volume pot went to 525K in the last 1/10th  of travel, then it seemed to go to 464K or so.  But at 9/10 with the stock pot I did not hear it go into phase in the way that my other guitars sound in the middle position.  It is a cool sound though 

Archived