Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lovepedal is LIVE again!

23 hours ago, The Shark said:

I'm most excited about the Dover.  We'll see.

It took me a minute to dial in the Dover Drive. The internal trim pot is the key to making it play nice. I found the stock setting too fuzzy/spitty. A quick adjustment made it play very nicely with my overdriven amps. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RobB said:

It took me a minute to dial in the Dover Drive. The internal trim pot is the key to making it play nice. I found the stock setting too fuzzy/spitty. A quick adjustment made it play very nicely with my overdriven amps. 

Thanks for the tip.  I won't get to it until this weekend.  

On 10/18/2022 at 11:31 PM, The Shark said:

Thanks for the tip.  I won't get to it until this weekend.  

Okay, so the Dover Drive and the Deluxe pedals are a no-go.  Deluxe is just a little less gain than I'd expect and I have a real '59 Deluxe, so I'll be moving that one along.  The Dover just has a tubby bottom end that I can't really adjust out of it.  

The "Jubilee" is great.  It's a close second to the Purple Plexi in the hierarchy of LovePedal stuff.  The COT50 Eternity is my favorite ''stacked" pedal.  

On 10/25/2022 at 11:59 AM, Hbom said:

I have a problem with Warm Audio mooching so much of the trade dress of a pedal that's still in production. Copy circuit ideas and improve it - sure, or even clone the circuit outright. But don't ape the original right down to its use of a top plate, its control layout and captions, its knob style, its typography, and its yinyang graphic.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:03 AM, The Shark said:

Okay, so the Dover Drive and the Deluxe pedals are a no-go.  Deluxe is just a little less gain than I'd expect and I have a real '59 Deluxe, so I'll be moving that one along.  The Dover just has a tubby bottom end that I can't really adjust out of it.  

The "Jubilee" is great.  It's a close second to the Purple Plexi in the hierarchy of LovePedal stuff.  The COT50 Eternity is my favorite ''stacked" pedal.  

The Jubilee doesn't get as much love as it deserves. I like it better than the Purple Plexi. I'm also still a huge fan of the Roadhouse Eternity. 

53 minutes ago, hamersandstrats said:

The Jubilee doesn't get as much love as it deserves. I like it better than the Purple Plexi. I'm also still a huge fan of the Roadhouse Eternity. 

I haven't tried the "Roadhouse" version.  I have a sunburst Eternity.  DIfference?

2 minutes ago, The Shark said:

I haven't tried the "Roadhouse" version.  I have a sunburst Eternity.  DIfference?

Minimal difference for my use. I have a sunburst as well. In fact, if I had to get rid of one, it would be a tough decision. The sunburst does have more high end, which I don't seem to ever use. 

47 minutes ago, hamersandstrats said:

Minimal difference for my use. I have a sunburst as well. In fact, if I had to get rid of one, it would be a tough decision. The sunburst does have more high end, which I don't seem to ever use. 

Cool.  I don't find much difference between the White "D Version" Eternity and the sunburst either.  I wish there was somewhere I could go to read the actual intended differences in the different versions of Sean Michael's pedals.

Aion Electronics has this in their ad copy,

There have been several versions of the Eternity throughout the years, with names like Burst, Fuse, Kanji, D-Mod, and Roadhouse. However, they all have the same basic circuit. The provided parts list is based on the original Eternity, but you should be able to build almost any version if you know what changes to make. The differences are typically only in the component values used and the number of clipping diodes.

Like the Zendrive, the Eternity can be seen as a stripped-down Tube Screamer, based on the original 1997 Son of Screamer circuit by Jack Orman. It’s essentially a Tube Screamer without input & output buffers. This makes it interact better with a guitar’s volume & tone knobs, but on the flip side it also interacts with the pedals that come before & after.

This PDF has more.

34 minutes ago, JGale said:

Aion Electronics has this in their ad copy,

There have been several versions of the Eternity throughout the years, with names like Burst, Fuse, Kanji, D-Mod, and Roadhouse. However, they all have the same basic circuit. The provided parts list is based on the original Eternity, but you should be able to build almost any version if you know what changes to make. The differences are typically only in the component values used and the number of clipping diodes.

Like the Zendrive, the Eternity can be seen as a stripped-down Tube Screamer, based on the original 1997 Son of Screamer circuit by Jack Orman. It’s essentially a Tube Screamer without input & output buffers. This makes it interact better with a guitar’s volume & tone knobs, but on the flip side it also interacts with the pedals that come before & after.

This PDF has more.

Well, that answers my question.  I've always suspected subtle differences that I could tune out, albeit through different settings on each pedal.  I should just resign myself to the fact that I'm looking for the same sound, no matter what I use.  But that would save me so much money I'm not able to make that happen.  Like Bourbon...

I have a hand-wired Kanji Eternity and it is one of the Lovepedals that is a lifetime keeper.  It does need a bright amp, though.

My eternity burst hand wired is just magic into the front of my Budda SD30. No experience with the others but I’m sure they’re every bit as good. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 11:59 AM, Hbom said:

FANTASTIC DRIVE. Much better than any of the Lovepedal versions I've had, including Lovepedal's "original" version. I owned an original hand wired from Alf years a go and two of his original tube driven Zen "2" drives and have been fairly disappointed with the LP stuff. This drive is killer. For those of you knocking it, I'm willing to bet you buy generic drugs and generic car parts, as well as Strat, Tele and LP copies....

Archived