Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hollow Skull Cali on Reverb

Well they say things come in threes.  Last time some top of the line USA Hamers showed up for sale they were 4D Standards. 

The Hollowskull is not as rare as the Watson but very nice.  The best thing about this one is the coins all appear to be in great shape.   Some of the coins appear  cloudy over time.  

Based upon the economy and where it is going, I think your gonna see a few more rare, unique and quality "Museum" guitars get listed within the next couple of months if not sooner.

Hamerica

Nice guitar but definitely a lofty asking price.   I always thought it would have been aesthetically cooler if all holoskull guitars had came with EMG’s from the factory and Jim continued the painted graphic over the plastic covered EMG pickups.   I digress, hopefully the seller can get his price (because then there’s a new benchmark for if I ever sell  lol)

At the time that I bought my 1990 Hamer Chapparal Elite guitar from an E-bay seller in Nashville, Tennessee, he also offered to sell me a Hamer California Elite guitar with the hollowskull finish just like the one in the picture. I wasn't sure if I wanted that kind of guitar at the time, but I really wish that I just bought it as an investment, sat on it, and I could of flipped it now. 😮

Guitar George

7 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

It says SOLD as opposed to ENDED

It would be interesting to know if it sold.

Hamerica

On 9/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, JustKid said:

Nah. Don’t think it sold. Most likely it was just a feeler. 

Now I have two people saying I'm wrong on the forums. 

Think I'm going to stop contributing. 

2 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

Now I have two people saying I'm wrong on the forums. 

Think I'm going to stop contributing. 

It’s possible to end a reverb listing and select the “this item sold elsewhere” in order to have it marked sold without having to pay fees. If one were cynical enough, they might think that’s what happened here. 

It might've very well sold ( which I do not really believe), or it might be a part of some scheme. The way it usually works is, guy#1 wants to buy an expensive and rare guitar. Finds a Seller somewhere and seller gives him ridiculously high price. Since the guitar is rare, the guy#1 has no luck in finding the history of previous sales. So while he is digesting the offer, the seller asks someone he knows who's got similar guitar ( or he has two of those which is not uncommon, I personally had few of them, or just a few pics from years ago, ) to put it up for sale at about the same ridiculous price on ebay or reverb and couple days later makes a "sale", which he later cancels. Guy#1 sees how fast the guitar sold and bites the bait. To me it seems like a lot of work to sell one guitar, but I know guys who's done it...successfully...not necessarily in guitar business. Or seller simply creates a Sale history for future sale.

Not saying that's exactly what happened here, just sharing some tricks sellers pull, in order to move rare things at higher price...

I the name of total transparency.......I didn't buy it.   :<)  I appreciate, but don't crave custom paint jobs that were someone else's dream guitar.  I'll stick with solid colors or really nice flame maple on any future Hamer buy.  Oh, and BOOMERS!

Archived