Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Les Paul Greenie replica, only 50K from Gibs*n ​😁​

Disturber

OFMR!  $50K ?   Kirk H paid for bragging rights and the right to market same. Good for him. 

That’s what happens when you take a CMO and make him the CEO of a guitar company.  

Man, I almost regret any single post where I made a subpar comment about Henry.  

The introduction of the  “Kardashian” Model can’t be far off at Gibson and the “experience” will be illegal in all 50 states except Nevada.  A new twist to “Brazilian” .

Vintage Hamer Collectors are very familiar about the story about “Greeny”. 

May not ever get  the “Greeny” experience with a Vintage Hamer Sunburst but with some devoted  practice, out of phase spec’d humbucking pickups, nice tone woods and a couple of grand, you can save damn near $48k and learn some vintage Peter Green licks. 

I don’t want to ever meet any of these cork sniffers. 

Hamerica 

1 hour ago, Hamerica said:

OFMR!  $50K ?   Kirk H paid for bragging rights and the right to market same. Good for him. 

That’s what happens when you take a CMO and make him the CEO of a guitar company.  

Tulip mania (Dutch: tulpenmanie) was a period during the Dutch Golden Age when contract prices for some bulbs of the recently introduced and fashionable tulip reached extraordinarily high levels. The major acceleration started in 1634 and then dramatically collapsed in February 1637.[2] It is generally considered to have been the first recorded speculative bubble or asset bubble in history.[3] In many ways, the tulip mania was more of a then-unknown socio-economic phenomenon than a significant economic crisis. It had no critical influence on the prosperity of the Dutch Republic, which was one of the world's leading economic and financial powers in the 17th century, with the highest per capita income in the world from about 1600 to about 1720.[4][5][6] The term "tulip mania" is now often used metaphorically to refer to any large economic bubble when asset prices deviate from intrinsic values.[7][8]

I’m a Gibson Custom Shop fan but wow that’s insane!    You could buy a house….  Err… trailer home?    Ok scratch that.  maybe a nice kitchen if you can get a contractor to call you back.  

For that price one could buy a vintage Gibson, definitely not a late 50s Les Paul Standard, and have something that will have an actual market value.  These NFT guitars are like Franklin Mint issues.  Is the Gary Rossington Les Paul still in vogue or has its time passed? 

26 minutes ago, RobB said:

When was that in vogue?

2002,  and at the time IIRC the $3,500 MSRP for a Custom Shop model was very reasonable.  They were in vogue for a number of years mainly for LS fans.  You will see them with an asking price of about 4x the original MRSP now.  

There have been one or two Gibson Custom shop guitars I let slip through my fingers over the past 40 years but this was not one of the models.   

Hamerica

Back to the original OP, this is the second time Gibson has offered a “Tribute” to the same guitar. Collectors Choice (CC 1) was the “Gary Moore” model from 2010. 

There’s one one Reverb right now asking $47K and change.  Pretty sure inspired to sell based upon Gibsons new offering.  

Gibson and Hamer both suffer greatly from poor marketing positions in reference to model offerings. 

Hamerica

$50k, let's assume the guitar is $9,999 (b/c Murphy graced it with a razor blade and belt sander) and the "Experience" is $40,001 requiring names at purchase and is non-transferable.  So the morning after your KH fancy dinner and Gib Garage tour is the ho-hum average guitar you are left with now worth $8-15k to the right buyer?  Also watch for a non-Murphy CS version, a USA version, and an Epi version to follow since all LPs have to be made in quantities that ruin the idea of any of them being special.  That's an expensive evening and you would have to LOVE KH for some reason, yes better to invest in a nice vintage piece or a bunch of great Hamers! 

7 minutes ago, MCChris said:

What if I opt to fly coach and stay at a Motel 6?

And if I stay at a Holiday Inn Express, I’ll be smart enough not to buy the damn thing…

This one was $6,800 (a $43,200 savings).  I can get two reflector knobs and do the deed with the magnets and flip the pickup.  I'll skip the trip to Nashville.  The first wife still lives somewhere close.  Don't want to run into her again.  vn6RqH3.jpg

20 minutes ago, The Shark said:

This one was $6,800 (a $43,200 savings).  I can get two reflector knobs and do the deed with the magnets and flip the pickup.  I'll skip the trip to Nashville.  The first wife still lives somewhere close.  Don't want to run into her again.  vn6RqH3.jpg

Not only a better guitar but a much better "Experience". But in saying that these Greeny's will all sell..................proving once again that there is a buyer for most everything. CRAZY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrpI6V2yupk

According to this guy they did all sell out the first day, he got "Alpep'd" (banned) . 

Gibson is also "Dream Policing" for resellers while "Orwell's 1984" is  alive and well.  

One thing for sure, Gibson has created more buzz and people are talking about it.  There is no such thing as bad publicity. 

I refuse to be a pawn in this...wait a minute.  ; ^ )

Hamerica

The few times I got to see Gary Moore play live he was always using Custom Shop Les Pauls , I was always waiting for Greeny or his other Vintage Burst to make an appearance. In 03' he was using the Red Strat & a white Explorer most of the show. He bought out a custom shop Version of his signature model when he did Still Got the Blues & Prarisienne Walkways. Saw his two time in one week in 06 while he was on tour with BB King. He had a verrity of different Custom Shop Les Paul on that tour & I think he bough out the Red Strat & a Tele for one or two songs. 

Archived