Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Les Paul Greenie replica, only 50K from Gibs*n ​😁​

Disturber

6 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Having Hammett's name attached to this guitar can only serve to make it worth less. 

Eh….  Maybe in some circles. 

A patient of mine is a Metallica Superfan. Has more Metallica tattoos than I can count. Has seen them live somewhere in the double digits, including a pop up show in Chicago that he just walked out of work to go see. Showed me pictures of Greenie from the front row (also caught one of Lars’ drumsticks at the show). 

Anyway… he’s not a guitar player but he’s the kind of guy to buy something associated with the band. There are more of those types out there than there are Greenie replicas…

9 hours ago, bruce919 said:

The few times I got to see Gary Moore play live he was always using Custom Shop Les Pauls , I was always waiting for Greeny or his other Vintage Burst to make an appearance. In 03' he was using the Red Strat & a white Explorer most of the show. He bought out a custom shop Version of his signature model when he did Still Got the Blues & Prarisienne Walkways. Saw his two time in one week in 06 while he was on tour with BB King. He had a verrity of different Custom Shop Les Paul on that tour & I think he bough out the Red Strat & a Tele for one or two songs. 

He played a show at Orlando Hard Rock Cafe two or three nights before the Letterman show in 1991.  It was first come first served.  It was $25 per person and in the "cafe" (restaurant).  He played Stripe for most of the evening.  He played Greeny on Parisienne Walkways and Midnight Blues.  It was fantastic.  He played the Heritage on a few songs, but I don't remember.

Graham Lilley was his tech.  I had a killer 1955 Tweed Twin to sell and Graham met me in the parking lot.  They didn't buy the amp because Gary didn't have time to check it out.  Before the show, I got to check out the Montrose/Stripe guitar and Greeny.  Graham said I could touch Greeny, but Gary didn't want anyone playing it.  He let me play Stripe (otherwise known as "The Still Got the Blues" guitar).  It was light and fantastic. 

He played Letterman a few nights later.    

29 minutes ago, Travis said:

Eh….  Maybe in some circles. 

A patient of mine is a Metallica Superfan. Has more Metallica tattoos than I can count. Has seen them live somewhere in the double digits, including a pop up show in Chicago that he just walked out of work to go see. Showed me pictures of Greenie from the front row (also caught one of Lars’ drumsticks at the show). 

Anyway… he’s not a guitar player but he’s the kind of guy to buy something associated with the band. There are more of those types out there than there are Greenie replicas…

Maybe if he spent less on Metallica tattoos (fanboi much?) and live shows he'd be able to afford this moronic offering from Gibson.  

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

Maybe if he spent less on Metallica tattoos (fanboi much?) and live shows he'd be able to afford this moronic offering from Gibson.  

There a more than a few limited editions that haven't lived up to expectations.  There's a sucker born every minute.  Some Barnum guy said that.  

42 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Metallica is an updated version of The Grateful Dead as far as dedicated fans go.  Fans will follow them anywhere.

Oh, I definitely agree with you there.  Same losers, different generation.

If ( and that is IF!!) I was going to spend fifty grand on a guitar, I'd go shopping for an nice 58 or 59 ES 335 or 345, maybe an early 60's or 61 which still had PAFs and substantial necks. You can get them for that kinda money. Now THAT would be an investment...

Like this one (and I still had 10 grand to spend on other toys...):

https://guitarpoint.de/product/1959-gibson-es-345-tdsv-sunburst-3/

55 minutes ago, The Shark said:

The "cult" I never understood was the "Parrot Heads".  I want to kill myself when I hear Jimmy Buffet songs...

Being told that you HAVE to play Margaritaville in your cover band because "that is what people want to hear" is a reason to quit or just not join a cover band.

9 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Being told that you HAVE to play Margaritaville in your cover band because "that is what people want to hear" is a reason to quit or just not join a cover band.

Our "cover philosophy" is that we play songs ninety percent of the people in the crowd will know.  The percentage of songs they like is optional.

6 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I get Gibson making this shit if people are dumb enough to spend the money on it, but I can't believe there is still a market for this stuff. The days of the the High Dollar Nostalgia Replica Gibson have to be waning. 

Doing something similar with BFG's Pearly makes more sense to me, alas not at $50k. But I bet the word salad served up by the enigmatic Reverend at the by-invitation-only dinner would be amusing. 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, The Shark said:

Our "cover philosophy" is that we play songs ninety percent of the people in the crowd will know.  The percentage of songs they like is optional.

Same here. I consider worn out songs like Brown Eyed Girl to be in the same category as Buffett tunes. And don't get me started on so-called "beach music". 

Archived