Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Early sustainblock saddles

stonge

Question

So I pulled a 1980 Special out of the basement for a long overdue cleanup, and was looking at the saddles on the  sustainblock bridge. The saddles that are on there look different than most of the saddles I've seen. The saddles in question are the ones that are strung up, and there is a later model saddle places over the G string sales for comparison. The questionable saddles have the radiused circle at the front of the saddles without a string ramp, and the later model has the raised circle in the middle of the saddles and has the cast radiused string ramp. From the book, some of the early sustainblock bridges had Mighty Mite saddles and I'm wondering if that's what I'm looking at here.

PXL_20221004_201018624.jpg

4 answers to this question

19 hours ago, stonge said:

From the book, some of the early sustainblock bridges had Mighty Mite saddles and I'm wondering if that's what I'm looking at here.

PXL_20221004_201018624.jpg

I don't know, but I have a 1980 Special with those kind of saddles.

Just a suggestion. Measure the width of a original saddle and buy a set of that same width. Put them on but Keep the old ones.  It'll look way better. The G string saddle crossed my eyes and made me squint.

Archived