Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 1994 Hamer Standard for $2500

This just popped up on the Los Angeles area Craigslist.   Maple top with 59 burst but it has dots on the fingerboard.  Looks extremely clean.  Looks right but experts here might notice something I don't.  Price seems good.   Good luck to you guys.  

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/msg/7542504350.html

Haven't been on this site in a while. I'm in L.A. (although an hour away from this guy)

Not a lot of Hamers go on sale on the L.A.'s Craigslist I've looked a lot in the past.

How good of a deal is that? Not really an Explorer guy though.

6 hours ago, rickrock999 said:

You will not lose money if you buy at that price.  You will have an excellent trade item for other Hamers, or even some of those other brands of guitars. 

7 hours ago, rickrock999 said:

I'd drive an hour for that guitar... you can EASILY make $1000+ reselling it ~

Although you may have to wait a tad until this inflation subsides a bit... but maybe not, 

15 hours ago, RobB said:

That’s a sane price for one of those. Seller will probably field a bunch of offers before selling it for $3500. 

You hit the nail on the head. I Talked to him, nice guy. He was surprised that he got several calls right away, and now is reconsidering what he wants to do.

He checked reverb and knows what it's worth now. However, Craigslist is full of people who say they are coming and don't come. He will probably pull the ad or raise the price.  I told him to let me know.

40 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

I hope he does... fuk him for not honoring his original deal

This. If you listed at $2500, then honor that shit.

42 minutes ago, Joe mama said:

Spoke twice in length with the guy , I'm 45 minutes away and now about 1000 bucks apart.. 

What can you do?

Obviously, the seller has seller's remorse and became aware of the actual value of his guitar on Reverb and other platforms. There are other guitars and sellers out there. Maybe budget more money for your purchase? 

I hope someone got it who’s wanted a Standard for a long time, and is going to play and love it, not flip it to make a quick thousand dollars.  I’m all for capitalism, but scalpers add nothing to society.

Sorry, but even in the current market, I think $4k is still high for a Plain-Jane ‘95-‘97 Standard with dots.  

Of course, there are people who think they can get $13k for a hacked up ‘81 with a Kahler…

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

A real winner would have snagged it for $2500 before the seller knew what was up!

RT airfare to Ontario: $215.00

2 Days lodging/food: $300

Shipping to Oakland: $120.00

Work hours wages lost: $900.00

Hamer Standard: $2500.00

————————————

$4035.00  

A bargain, seemingly…

7 minutes ago, RobB said:

RT airfare to Ontario: $215.00

2 Days lodging/food: $300

Shipping to Oakland: $120.00

Work hours wages lost: $900.00

Hamer Standard: $2500.00

————————————

$4035.00  

A bargain, seemingly…

A real winner would have lived closer to the seller!

lol - I can do this all day.  i work from home.

Archived