Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 1994 Hamer Standard for $2500

8 minutes ago, Cary said:

I’d say $3,500 is a bargain for an ultra rare “94 Hamer Exployer”

Well, wait a minute... I didn't realize it was an Exployer.  I take it all back.

16 hours ago, kizanski said:

A real winner would have snagged it for $2500 before the seller knew what was up!

He told me when I talked to him that someone told him over the phone that it was worth way more than he was asking SMH

5 hours ago, rickrock999 said:

He told me when I talked to him that someone told him over the phone that it was worth way more than he was asking SMH

So someone called the seller to tell him he was asking too little instead of just buying it.  Asshole.  

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

So someone called the seller to tell him he was asking too little instead of just buying it.  Asshole.  

Part of the blame for that lies in the fact that the guitar wasn't snapped up immediately at that price before said asshole could swoop in.

One wonders how many weight, neck profile, and acoustic voice questions were asked, when the only one that should have been is "What's your Paypal info?""

13 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Part of the blame for that lies in the fact that the guitar wasn't snapped up immediately at that price before said asshole could swoop in.

Anyone who called this guy without the money in his pocket and his car's GPS awaiting the seller's address is a dyed in the wool BAMF.

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Anyone who called this guy without the money in his pocket and his car's GPS awaiting the seller's address is a dyed in the wool BAMF.

Exactly. Stick to accumulating Epiphones and stay TF out of everyone else's way.

4 hours ago, kizanski said:

A few years back, I purchased a 1982 Blitz bass for $450 from an ad on my local craigslist.  The guy lived in a small town that was a 75 minute drive south of here.  I jumped on it right away, and made plans to meet the seller at his house that evening after he got off work.  I showed up at the door, and we went over the guitar with a fine tooth comb.  It had issues, including a neck bow which I expressed serious doubts about and almost walked without the guitar (I didn't tell him I was going to walk).  I finally decided to complete the deal and got my money out, and then the seller told me about someone else who had called before my arrival, told him his asking price wasn't enough, and offered him $100 more.  He asked if I would split the difference with him, and when I told him I didn't have an additional $50 cash on me, he told me where the nearest ATM was.  I told him that I thought he should honor the deal he had made (his wife was listening to our conversation), but if he really wanted to sell at a higher price, I'd walk and he could.  I also stressed that I had just made a 75 minute drive to get there.  Guilt got the better of him, but that conversation really dampened my enthusiasm for that guitar, and both of us were in a "I can't believe this just happened" frame of mind when I left. 

I've still got the bass.  I was able to make it playable with truss rod adjustments.  

12 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Fuck that guy in particular.

Sadly, he was very nice guy.  Luckily for me, he had a conscience.  By the time I left, he felt bad for what he did, but he did it anyway.

11 minutes ago, kizanski said:

See what I'm saying?

Yes I do.  I certainly don't disagree.  He had also told me, before requesting the extra cash, they were taking the money right down to the expensive old-school supper club at the end of the block.  I had just eaten there.  It was quite good.  They were simply turning a Blitz bass into expensive cocktails and beef.

Oh, and I also emailed him the next morning and told him I still felt bad about the way the transaction ended.  He sent me the contact info of the other guy, and told me to sell to him at the inflated price if I wanted to.  I decided to keep it.  And also luckily, I didn't recognize the name of the 2nd local buyer.  haha.

21 minutes ago, BruceM said:

A few years back, I purchased a 1982 Blitz bass for $450 from an ad on my local craigslist.  The guy lived in a small town that was a 75 minute drive south of here.  I jumped on it right away, and made plans to meet the seller at his house that evening after he got off work.  I showed up at the door, and we went over the guitar with a fine tooth comb.  It had issues, including a neck bow which I expressed serious doubts about and almost walked without the guitar (I didn't tell him I was going to walk).  I finally decided to complete the deal and got my money out, and then the seller told me about someone else who had called before my arrival, told him his asking price wasn't enough, and offered him $100 more.  He asked if I would split the difference with him, and when I told I didn't have an additional $50 cash on me, he told me where the nearest ATM was.  I told him that I thought he should honor the deal he had made (his wife was listening to our conversation), but if he really wanted to sell at a higher price, I'd walk and he could.  I also stressed that I had just made a 75 minute drive to get there.  Guilt got the better of him, but that conversation really dampened my enthusiasm for that guitar, and both of us were in a "I can't believe this just happened" frame of mind when I left. 

I've still got the bass.  I was able to make it playable with truss rod adjustments.  

nice work,  walking is a nice negotiating tool.      it doesn't always work but sometimes the other guy isn't as solid

as they think...    karma  sp?     

Sorry this guy is playing games.  Still holding out hope someone here gets it.

I have had lots of guys try to change the price on me on Craigslist.  I just walk when it happens.

Archived