Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Quilter Question

BoogieMKIIA

Question

I'm looking for a lightweight power amp for my Sarno Revelation preamp. If I take the output into the FX of a Quilter Super Block, Interblock or other Quilter, will the levels match up?

I would get a cab sim out if I wanted to go direct in addition to a light weight amp to drive a 1x12 cab. Or a complete system on its own.

Another brand would be OK as well.

3 answers to this question

Thanks.

I sent an email to Brad Sarno, he said I can take the out from the Revelation to the FX return of the Quilter, no problem.

Brad also said he is close to releasing a new preamp. Similar to the SMS but with a spring reverb. I can’t say enough about how good the Revelation preamp sounds. Completely clean and takes pedals well for dirt.

Got this response from Pat Quilter, can get the SBUS full output with the Sarno Revtwo ways. Very interesting device.

You can probably get more gain out of the FX Return if you put a dummy plug in FX Send, which fully disconnects the internal preamp and raises FX Return impedance. You can test this with a cable, leaving the other end unplugged, before buying an unwired dummy plug.  

If that doesn’t do the trick, the “57” voice is basically flat, needing only a slight treble cut. Use maximum Master to get the full 25W before clipping.

Archived