Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD a Special one

Disturber

I sold some pickups to a guy in april. He told me he had a Hamer. Then he sent me some pics and asked me if I was interested. I said I might be.

After summer he came back and asked me again. 

It's a 1993. And it is way sweet. Has the Hamer 90's neck shape that is my all time favourite carves. Not thin, but medium - and wide and a bit on the flatter side. 

Duncan 59 in the neck and a Duncan Distortion in the bridge. I swapped in a A2 in the Distortion and I think I like it. 

The neck was dead straight and had some buzz. I have worked with the trussrod and set up for some days now and it's settling in fine. Frets are in good condition. Don't know if it's a keeper. But I will hang on to it for a while for some fun. 

y4mfClmjS77StSCkEDRO62OVd6-nWw_Z5LAPL_oM 

y4msvNuge6nhh6EwIx9OydYnOa6bGF04-9rs8Drd

45 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Thats GREAT!!!

Yes! I have never held a 90's Special before. But might have been the lower cost Hamer model back then. But they are far from a lower cost instrument. This one is just as great as any Steve Stevens 1, Eclipse or Proto that I've played (all mahogany bodied short scale Hamer's). I have been looking for an SS1. But this thing is even greater for me, as it has a tom - not a Floyd, which is a big plus in my book. Totally a great jr type of weapon. The finish is excellent (still). The build is 100% perfect.

Anyone ever been to Star Music in Langley? It might not be a shop that is around any more...?

Just now, specialk said:

Nice grab! Congrats on a real stunner. 

Well the black burst over a yellow tinted clear is kinda fugly. Still punky cool. I was even thinking, this one might need a pinup girl a la Steve Jones...? Is that to go to far? 😁

It's pretty hard to find a Special with a serialnr. without a leading 3. I have 2 of them, and most Specials I see online are like that.

Seems, 1993 was a/that „Special“ year.

(Ad-theme „Modern Vintage“; another time frame for hoarded Specials was around early 80ies.

Anyone knows, why?

Modern Vintage.jpg

On 10/14/2022 at 5:15 AM, Disturber said:

Well the black burst over a yellow tinted clear is kinda fugly. Still punky cool. I was even thinking, this one might need a pinup girl a la Steve Jones...? Is that to go to far? 😁

I put one on a Huber, so you can certainly put one on a diaperburst Special.

3 hours ago, MCChris said:

I put one on a Huber, so you can certainly put one on a diaperburst Special.

I have an idea of what to put on there. But I would need to print on some clear vinyl, like over head film. Or find someone who prints waterslides on order. 

I think I will try this: 41hcFziDN+L._AC_.jpg 

10 hours ago, Disturber said:

I have an idea of what to put on there. But I would need to print on some clear vinyl, like over head film. Or find someone who prints waterslides on order. 

I think I will try this: 41hcFziDN+L._AC_.jpg 

https://print4life.de/Transferfolien---Decalfolien---Tattoofolien-Decalfolie-Wasserschiebefolie-Modellbau-Transfer-Papier-weiss-klar-Inkjet-Laser/a128793054_u13562_z376c7295-493b-4135-8c87-5df5d0e82f78/
Um das Motiv spülmaschinenfest zu erhalten sollten Sie das Produkt bei 70-100°C im Ofen für 10-25 min einbrennen *“

In order to make the decal disher-ready bake it in the oven on 70-100 °C for about 10-25 min.

Otherwise, great snag. It had been a nice price too, I suppose.

Archived