Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA eBay Hamer Blind Owl Special basket case

3 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Wow! The guitar currently selling at $960.00! Crazy! Considering that along with the shipping costs your over 1k for this instrument.

Maybe we should all start butchering our Hamers before selling them so we can get more money out of them.  Who needs a template and a router?  Just eyeball it with a chisel!

Love the fact that this "Blind Owl" dude died years before Hamer Guitars was even a gleam in Paul and Jol's eyes, and that the seller has bamboozled a bunch of idiots into believing that a guitar built a decade after the dude died, dropped out of an airplane into a rocky gorge, dragged back up by donkey, and then "repaired", is somehow worth $600, much less is tied to that dude in any way, shape or form.

1 minute ago, cmatthes said:

Love the fact that this "Blind Owl" dude died years before Hamer Guitars was even a gleam in Paul and Jol's eyes, and that the seller has bamboozled a bunch of idiots into believing that a guitar built a decade after the dude died, dropped out of an airplane into a rocky gorge, dragged back up by donkey, and then "repaired", is somehow worth $600, much less is tied to that dude in any way, shape or form.

Gonna cost you over $1100 now, chief.  There is no end to the stupidity.

Perhaps the auction is just there to prop up the price.  The winning bidder will not pay, but there will be a precedent for a mangled Hamer commanding a high price.  Then another beater can go up for sale at an inflated price, or maybe a nicer one can be overpriced. 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:10 PM, Eli said:

Wow,

I sold two Specials last year in VGC for way less than that!  I'm an idiot.  Should have left them out in the rain like this one.

No, but you should have named them stupid names like: The Frog and The Raindeer.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:41 AM, Disturber said:

But hey, it has a sustain plate mounted on the tuners. I bet that it gives  g r e a t  tone!

I suspect the plate is there to hold all the headstock pieces together, and not for tone.

"Know nothing about old guitars," he says. Neither did the previous owner(s).

Archived