Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Where Do You Buy New Gear?

While I like to shop locally, can’t always find what I’m looking for. I bought a Voodoo Labs pedal board with power supply and case in August. Everything packed nicely, free shipping, delivered in a few days. The handle wrap around is coming unstitched, Sweetwater is sending a replacement right away, no charge and provided return shipping.

Just bought a Quilter Superblock US Saturday from Amazon, delivered on Sunday - just stuck a label on the pretty box. Seems all is OK so far. If there are problems, I will deal directly with Quilter I suppose. Except for super fast delivery I didn’t really need, the price was the same as everywhere else. Perhaps I should have stuck with Sweetwater? 

Only saw one used one searching the web, would cost more than new after shipping.

Candy isn’t enough to give all those lonely bastards at Sweetwater an excuse to call and want to be my friend again. 

48 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Just bought a Quilter Superblock US Saturday from Amazon, delivered on Sunday - just stuck a label on the pretty box. Seems all is OK so far. If there are problems, I will deal directly with Quilter I suppose.

In my experience Amazon has the most painless return process going.  If you have a problem and are still in the return window I'd absolutely handle it through them. 

The only new gear I buy anymore is small parts and accessories as needed; if I'm buying a guitar or a bass, they'll be second-hand if at all.  I don't bother with shopping for amps anymore, as I've got all I really need, especially since the toob market (among other things) went insane earlier this year.

23 minutes ago, crunchee said:

The only new gear I buy anymore is small parts and accessories as needed; if I'm buying a guitar or a bass, they'll be second-hand if at all.  

At Dave’s Guitar Shop, with locations in La Crosse and Madison. No affiliation. 

Sweetwater - is my main new gear for me is primarily the staples of the electric guitar market; so pedals, picks, a cheap mic, stands and etc.   Nothing MSRP, if it doesn't have a deal attached to it, I can wait.  

Hamerica

Archived