Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My latest self-assembly guitar

Yeah, the one I have is also just plain good fun.  Hard to let that go.  

There's a number of very similar strat or soloist bodies you can check out.  

I actually first found the Schecter C-1 SLS Elite FR-S at my local Guitar Center. Loved how it played, but didn't like the Effluence pickups. But I saw a Blackjack SLS Aquaburst for cheaper, so returned the C-1 SLS Elite and bought the Aquaburst But the trem arm cap kept loosening. So I sold it when I saw (and bought) a purple burst blackjack SLS, again at my local Guitar Center.  I had to do some research to find out that even though the purple burst Blackjack had SLS in its name, it didn't actually have stainless steel frets (which is what I'm pretty sure the SLS is supposed to indicate StainLess Steel), so I returned it to Guitar Center when I found the Banshee at the same Guitar Center a few weeks later (still within the return window).

The point is that despite 3 different names, they were all almost exactly the same guitar.  Minor differences of finish or trem body (the Banshee has a Floyd Rose 1500, slightly better than the 1000 the Blackjack had), body wood, or sometimes pickups.

So if you see one of those for sale where you can try it out, check it out. It might be as fun.

Archived