Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2007 Custom Order Newport Pro - SOLD

Now sold  within the HFC family.

2007 Custom-ordered Newport Pro in Tortoise finish, premium quilt top, and multi-ply binding around the entire guitar, neck and headstock. Pearl victory inlays and Hamer logo, gold hardware. It’s not listed on the certificate, but it also has the thinner neck carve. I can’t remember if they called it the Vintage carve or Modern carve, but it is the smaller of those two. It is VERY similar to every 95-97 Hamer I’ve ever played. It’s not skinny, but slightly flatter on the back of the neck, if that makes sense.

Some of these photos present as red. The true color is closest to the indoor photo of the guitar in its case.

I spec’d this one (minus the Bigsby and headstock overlay) after seeing the Tortoise Newport on the Hamer catalog shown below. The color varies with lighting so I have shown several indoor and outdoor photos.  Frets have minimal wear. Case is as new. I’ve owned more Hamers than I can remember, but this was the only custom Hamer I ever spec’d and I babied it.

I have to net $3000 on this. I’m about 30 minutes from Augusta, GA, and an hour from Columbia, SC. I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance for an in-person deal. I’ll ship to the USA only.

D92C505D-811C-4DA3-8521-B48A87CE0FBB_1_201_a.jpeg

E6E1DC85-8487-4412-B82C-66880ED3EC03_1_201_a.jpeg

E12A58A6-2E95-4FEA-9F3F-D420C2C36192_1_201_a.jpeg

644E82A2-F435-4F48-A7C6-2DA8987E926C_1_201_a.jpeg

86D733A1-347E-4D04-AC4E-0D3DE7770DC2_1_201_a.jpeg

074F8346-CCA7-4C9E-8394-EEACC34FCBF6.jpeg

6DE5028B-58CA-4108-BF52-1E42AABAD8C8_1_201_a.jpeg

A10578F6-6C98-4A58-B999-26B1D420184C_1_201_a.jpeg

GLWS! 

• gwayne changed the title to 2007 Custom Order Newport Pro - SOLD

OK!   ...enough bonding time. Report time!  Well...   JGale  nailed it!!!  Just Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Really says it all!!  The visual impact is just stunning to me. With one exception all my guitars have very conservative tops.  Vintage natural, satin, vos, trans cherry, lots of natural wood grain. Just not into flame, burst, or PRS visuals. Interesting, but not my style. This is a major contrast.  That quilt top is reminiscent of sunsets when growing up in Santa Barbara.

I wish I had the ability to translate tones into words.  It is something I feel but lack the experience to differentiate and articulate.  Suffice to say it is Hamer.  Having fun doing back-to-backs with my spruce NP.  Similar but each unique to themselves.  Just more "good vibrations"  LOL

And hey..... a big shout out to gwayne! He made it all happen.  Starting with making a special order, 15 years guardianship, and a wild pursuit of the UPS through the neighborhood! Free shipping and a couple of pristine Hamer catalogs.  Many thanks! 

The smile on my face says it all!   Just Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 hours ago, MJD said:

And hey..... a big shout out to gwayne! He made it all happen.  Starting with making a special order, 15 years guardianship, and a wild pursuit of the UPS through the neighborhood! Free shipping and a couple of pristine Hamer catalogs.  Many thanks! 

It was a pleasure. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:04 PM, MJD said:

The visual impact is just stunning to me. With one exception all my guitars have very conservative tops.  Vintage natural, satin, vos, trans cherry, lots of natural wood grain. Just not into flame, burst, or PRS visuals. Interesting, but not my style. This is a major contrast. 

I think it's good to have variety or if you really like one over another, just have like this - one that's from the other side of the fence.  Lets you appreciate it a bit more, I think. 

Archived