Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Saint Louis, MO CL 1982 Hamer Sunburst (probably a little pricey given it's condiiton)

To me it looks like the first digit of the serial momber is an eight, so then it is not a 1982 , but a 1978 or a 1988.

There is no picture of the front of the headstock. 

Never seen a Sunburst with a black binding. 

Can it be a Special with a later made body binding? Or is it really an early Sunburst? For me it is hard to tell. 

Gabe 😀

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

That's obviously a 3 piece neck, though, not a 1 piece as the description states.  

So if it is a 3 piece neck (as is indeed obvious) it is not a 1978, as these have 1 piece necks. 

Gabe 😀

It's a little beat up, especially those marks on the neck, but you certainly don't see black bound ones very often.  Price doesn't seem that crazy these days as Hamers finally seem to be getting the vintage respect they deserve...  I'd just be curious about that those neck scuffs and how deeply they go.  I'm not in the market but it's a pretty damn cool one if you ask me...

8 hours ago, cynic said:

I'm not sure how you're seeing an 8 rather than the 2 I see on my monitor.  

00000_ivkW5WLEOxlz_0CI0CI_1200x900.jpg

You are right, I was wrong. 
Your picture is much more clear than what I saw at first. 
Thanks. 

So it is a 1982. 

Gabe 😀

Very cool.....................and unusual with that black binding, yeah there is some wear and tear but nothing there that would turn me off to own it. Price is on the high end but sure he will get a decent offer or trade for it. Seller says the pickups are "DOUBLE CREAM" DiMarzio's which they very well may be but are they original to the guitar? Probably not, if they were original to the guitar wouldn't they be Zebra Neck and White bridge Dimarzio humbuckers? Experts?  Hmmmmmm

That's cool! Interestingly enough that was availabe at guitarpoint in Germany for a long time. I would have thought it was still there. I just checked their website. It's listed as sold now. It is exactly the same guitar that's now being offered on craiglist in the US. What a journey...or is it possible that someone just lifted the images? Just wondering...Here's the link to guitarpoint. They have a reputation for good documentation of the instruments in stock and apparently they'll include their images with your purchase which is great. I like the way they photograph guitars. Lots of detail.

https://guitarpoint.de/product/1982-hamer-sunburst-red/

9 minutes ago, cornjulio said:

That's cool! Interestingly enough that was availabe at guitarpoint in Germany for a long time. I would have thought it was still there. I just checked their website. It's listed as sold now.

Wait wait wait... 
So what you're saying is this guitar can not be in Germany and Saint Louis, MO at the same time???

1 hour ago, Cary said:

What’s in the box?  WHAT’S IN THE BOX?!?!?

On 10/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, cornjulio said:

That's cool! Interestingly enough that was availabe at guitarpoint in Germany for a long time. I would have thought it was still there. I just checked their website. It's listed as sold now. It is exactly the same guitar that's now being offered on craiglist in the US. What a journey...or is it possible that someone just lifted the images? Just wondering...Here's the link to guitarpoint. They have a reputation for good documentation of the instruments in stock and apparently they'll include their images with your purchase which is great. I like the way they photograph guitars. Lots of detail.

https://guitarpoint.de/product/1982-hamer-sunburst-red/

Interesting that those neck scratches don't appear on any of the photos provided by GuitarPoint although they may be there.

9 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Does the action look high on the bass side...or is this just an optical illusion?

00r0r_aQlppkN3uXcz_0CI0CI_600x450.jpg

Yeah just a "LITTLE"......................that's not an OPITICAL ILLUSION THATS AN OPTICAL CONCLUSION!

Archived