Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD: 2004 Hamer Mahogany Junior 7 lbs 5 oz

Hi,   I'm putting a bunch of things for sale this month,  went on a Japanese buying

spree and lightening the load.       

2004 Junior, Mahogany,   has a large chip on headstock and some light dings

on face (superficial, nothing thru finish and won't show up in pics) but otherwise

is pretty clean,  frets are excellent (some light wear) but plays great medium

profile neck (Vintage carve  .90 1st .922 12th)   pickup was swapped to a Lollar which seems 

to have a vintage hot voicing.   I shot a full set of pics.  7 lbs  5 oz , plays and sounds nice.   

As you can see in the shots,  outside of the chip it's been well preserved.   

OHSC and coa.  I'm really heavy on p-90 guitars including Gibson CS and

this is as nice as any of them.         

Now Sold   Thank you! 

North of Boston/Southern NH area 

link to full set of pics

https://davejl1984.smugmug.com/Unlisted/n-vK6jW/Hamer-Mahogany-Junior

ZZ163A3112-M.jpg

ZZ163A3095-M.jpg

ZZ163A3096-L.jpg

ZZ163A3098-M.jpg

ZZ163A2254-M.jpg

ZZ163A2252-M.jpg

• DaveL changed the title to FS: 2004 Hamer Mahogany Junior 7 lbs 5 oz

Crap, If I hadn't just paid my completely gone crazy property taxes I'd of snapped that right up! I've been longing for one for years. 

Timing is everything ....

7 hours ago, DaveL said:

bump,  price tweak.   

You're trying to hurt me, aren't you?

I am weak and this junior is just too sexy. After selling my 2 P90 TV Yellow Special I instantly missed it. I rarely use neck pickups and I’m playing in a rock band again.

Thanks Dave!

• DaveL changed the title to SOLD: 2004 Hamer Mahogany Junior 7 lbs 5 oz

Thanks. My 90’s Special had a super thin neck and I could feel the pitch change from pressure on it, drove me crazy.

I’m happy they made these 2000’s Juniors with thicker necks. Dave mentioned the TV Yellow color is nicer than the 90’s specials (greenish yellow) as well.

All in all I’m thrilled to get a single P90 junior into my arsenal!

3 hours ago, hamerhead said:

You'll be pleasantly surprised how different it is from your old P90 Special.

I wholeheadly agree.     Shame there weren’t more specials in the 1996-2000 range when they started thickening up the profiles.   

8 hours ago, jaded_musician said:

Thanks. My 90’s Special had a super thin neck and I could feel the pitch change from pressure on it, drove me crazy.

I’m happy they made these 2000’s Juniors with thicker necks. Dave mentioned the TV Yellow color is nicer than the 90’s specials (greenish yellow) as well.

Congrats!  I picked up a BCR Junior this year and honestly was tempted to buy this as well as I like mine so much.  I'm a little excessive at times and I'm glad this thing is no longer up for sale.  That was a great price for a guitar that comes up so rarely.

On 11/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, jaded_musician said:

I experience the same with my 94 special, I love this guitar sound and feel but the pitch change ue to the thin neck is so boring!

congrats to the new owner; beautiful guitar

Archived