Hamer Fan Club Message Center

International Shipping Prices...

veatch

What in the Wild Wild World of Sports has happened to shipping costs?

Yeah, I know.  inflation, and everything is up, but zoiks...

I just got a quote for shipping a guitar to Sweden, double boxed, from both UPS and FedEx, and it came in at over $1000.  I can get it down to $800 if I single box.

What?

USPS won't quote it as the package is "too big".  (sadly, not a phrase i've heard before, so not sure what that means...)

Any alternatives for shipping internationally?

I received a Martin acoustic a couple of weeks ago. Dude said it cost him $400 between shipping and insurance. DC to South Dakota.

He didn't come out as good as he thought he would .

17 hours ago, veatch said:

What in the Wild Wild World of Sports has happened to shipping costs?

Yeah, I know.  inflation, and everything is up, but zoiks...

I just got a quote for shipping a guitar to Sweden, double boxed, from both UPS and FedEx, and it came in at over $1000.  I can get it down to $800 if I single box.

What?

USPS won't quote it as the package is "too big".  (sadly, not a phrase i've heard before, so not sure what that means...)

Any alternatives for shipping internationally?

Totally insane. I used to ship guitars with Fed Ex from the states for betweekn 100 to 200 $. I guess time has moved on. A 1000 $ !! Then I could just as well fly over there, have a great long weekend and pick up the guitar, then fly back home, for just about the same price.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:38 PM, veatch said:

the package is "too big".  (sadly, not a phrase i've heard before, so not sure what that means...)

image.gif

I have used this company to arrange shipping for guitars from the US to the UK without issue.

I did a quick quote (120cm x 40cm x 17cm and 8kg) based on US to Sweden and here was the first result - might help you out matey!

spacer.png

the TG branded services are DHL or FedEx/UPS behind the scenes.

Before I knew about this I missed out on some great guitars from the US because shipping costs calculated stateside were often hundreds of dollars and made it unfeasible.

This however is good stuff!

Archived