Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cheap Trick Live Box Set

Peeps,
There is this little company out of Ireland that sells rare, live, box set CD's. I can vouch for them as I've purchased a bunch of these box sets and they all have been stellar. Uber rare live shows. Nice packaging and most importantly, the audio quality has been superb on all I've purchased. 

They just put this out, a Cheap Trick Live 4 disc set. I just ordered it for myself.  (FYI: It usually takes about 3-4 weeks to get them delivered)
Check out some of the other box sets, some really cool stuff. I got some Tom Petty, Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Allman Bros. 

https://tinyurl.com/3sf23at5

Cheap Trick has let out some live recording on their own.  Bun E. was the band's archivist.  He was known for trading bootlegs with fans in order to get more bootlegs for his archive.  Whether that collection is accessible to the band after the split with Bun E. I do not know. 

At Budokan: The Complete Concert is worth definitely worth having. 

For Record Store Day in 2020 Cheap Trick put out Out To Get You! Live 1977.  The box set @santellavision linked to has a show from the same year, but a different city.  As Cheap Trick becomes a legacy band we might see more of these old shows popping up as special releases. 

5 hours ago, tommy p said:

I ordered this set: https://realgonemusic.com/products/cheap-trick-live-at-the-whisky-1977-limited-4-cd-set

Are these the same shows just being marketed with different names in different countries?

No.  The show you've ordered is the full shows that the RSD vinyl Steve referenced was sourced from.

The shows on Santellavision's set are different.  There are a ton of those shows becoming available (and have been for several years).  They're usually sourced from radio broadcasts (presuming pre-broadcast tapes, but not sure).  Almost all of the ones I've gotten have been very good quality, but I've seen a few reports that some are not so good.  These shows can be the same shows marketed differently by different labels with different names - there are several versions of the Who's Woodstock performance available.

@santellavision, thanks for the information and the link.  I also found something for the wife for Christmas. 

Hamerica

Archived