Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Yamaha Pacifica 604W

2000 Yamaha Pacifica 604W.

"W" for Wilkinson trem. Serial QI16259,  Alder body, bolt on maple neck, rosewood board, Spertzel locking tuners, KGC brass block, Mag-Loc trem stabilizer, body cavities shielded with combination of nickel paint and foil.

Neck is a soft-shouldered, shallow "C" with 14" radius, 42 x 21.5 mm @nut, 51.6 x 23.3 mm @12th fret.

Pre-Carondelet, HSS pickup set, basically JeffRo's standard PAF, asymmetrically wound and two of his hybrid A5/A2 single coils. JeffRo also did the frets and bone nut.

Electrics replaced. CTS 250K SPST push-pull pots. Tone splits bridge to inner coil, Volume adds the neck pickup to any combination. The full bridge with added neck is the high point IMHO.

The former owner removed the Pacifica label from the headstock. There are scratches and dings. The weight is 7.6 lbs. The acoustic voice is very autumnal with a touch of notional shimmer. Plugged in it sounds more like a Strat than anything else I have. The Gator case is new.

$OFF THE MARKET. But if you really want it, PM me.

604wback.jpg

604wtop.jpg

604w.jpg

604wtrem.jpg

604wtuners.jpg

Yes. It's a small magnet. You have to overcome the initial magnetic attraction, break over force is the only term I can come up with for the process, then it moves and grooves. Balancing the setup is a bit of work.

No effect in the opposite direction.

Archived