Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Looking for a an inexpensive Standard, $1800 USD max…

Hi everybody,

I am not looking for a 4-digit, or a “bound and crowned”, just any old Hamer Standard in decent shape.

Korean or Indonesian Import okay.  Truth be told, I bought an import Vector as a placeholder to stop me from shelling out thousands and thousands for the real thing, and this is exactly the same situation.

Please let me know what you have and your asking price.  I would rather avoid the XT models, thank you.

If you can give me a deal on a USA mahogany version from the 1990s or later, I would prefer that over an import, obviously, but my max budget is only $1800 USD plus shipping, and maybe you would rather try to find an insane buyer on Reverb.

I live in Canada, but I have had really good experiences with USPS shipping from the States to Canada.  No FedEx or UPS, please.

Thanks,

HamerCustomEr

With the current prices on Hamers, $1,800 will get you a Blitz, but definitely not a USA Standard, unless it’s a basket case!

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

With the current prices on Hamers, $1,800 will get you a Blitz, but definitely not a USA Standard, unless it’s a basket case!

Understood.  That is why I will settle for a Korean or an Indonesian import.

23 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Understood.  That is why I will settle for a Korean or an Indonesian import.

Do NOT spend that much on an import unless you just gotta have some signatures on it...🤔

1 hour ago, mathman said:

Do NOT spend that much on an import unless you just gotta have some signatures on it...🤔

True^^^^^

And I think an import Standard would run around $699 - $899 maybe?

But just in case you win the lottery, there's this...... https://www.williesguitars.com/product/1978-hamer-standard/

4 hours ago, mathman said:

If I ever bought a guitar with signatures on it, the first thing that I would do would be to clean them off!

If you want a USA mahogany Standard, at $1800 it’s not impossible, but it’s going to take a while.  Count on paying up to $2400 in the current economy.

if you want an import Standard, personally I wouldn’t pay more than $600 for one, at the very most…  But understand, they are not considered real Hamers…

12 hours ago, Cary said:

if you want an import Standard, personally I wouldn’t pay more than $600 for one, at the very most…  But understand, they are not considered real Hamers…

So true!

$1800 ranges in the middle nowhere. There‘s almost no chance to buy a USA Standard, but has a big chance to buy 2-3 Import Standards. Btw. the XT line Standards are great builds. I had one in my hands years ago that appeared to be a fine made instrument. Avoid the Made in China versions.

6 hours ago, gorch said:

$1800 ranges in the middle nowhere. There‘s almost no chance to buy a USA Standard, but has a big chance to buy 2-3 Import Standards. Btw. the XT line Standards are great builds. I had one in my hands years ago that appeared to be a fine made instrument. Avoid the Made in China versions.

I'm pretty sure that the least expensive Hamer  of any model will be available here.  And with the least amount of hidden cracks, breaks, scrapes or buzzes.

Archived