Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sweetest Hamer vintage double cutaway

MGauf

Looking for suggestions on sweetest Hamer double cutaway. Model and year or years, please. I'm a T-51 owner and broadening my horizons.

Sunburst, Studio, Special, Special FM, Vanguard, Artist, Newport, Mirage, Phantom, Prototype - they are all great. The 70's to early 80's have their thing, if you are looking for something vintage to rival and old Gibson. The mid 80's to 1990:ish, if you are into the 80's. The 1990's come back of the Vintage Modern, which I love. The 1999 up until the end when it just got better and better, kinda. They are all great, but have differences. You have to try them until you find what you like, or buy one or more of each.

You can have 24¾ or 25.5. Singles, firebird, soapbars or humbuckers. Different neck carves. Solid or semi. Your choice of bridge, from Kahler to TOM/stoptail... there's a whole lot of combinations available! How similar or different to the T-51 do you want it to be? What are your ideal (dream) specs? That'll help us narrow it down!

I've owned many USA Hamers. My pick for the Sweetest would be the Newport Pro. Followed by The Artist series. That's just me and my style of playing. Hamer built incredible super strats that I've loved playing too. It really is a loaded question because Hamer USA built some of the best guitars of that time period!

If you can find one get a "VINTAGE" Hamer "Sunburst" any color really with either dots or crowns, which ever appeals to you. The 78's and 79 model years are fantastic guitars, there are differences but both model years are wonderful.  Looking at a Gibson equivalent with the same specs., build quality and sound there is none IMHO. Hamer's Best Guitar!

My favorite DC body style is the Newport.  Lightweight and comfy to play.  Broad range of tones out of the spruce / phat cats.  

After the next Shishkov comes in I’ll be on the prowl for a maple top/hum bucker / chunky neck Newport.  

The Korina Special monster guitar was not mentioned untill now. These guitars are (now) cheaper then they should be and if you can live without a neck pup you'll get sweetest tone and best playability for a reasonable price. Not to forget the coolness factor of Korina :)

Have a look, no affiliation

Gerade bei #eBayKleinanzeigen gefunden. Wie findest du das?

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hamer-special-junior-korina-custom-shop-2004/2259902853-74-3364?utm_source=sharesheet&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

You're going to get all sorts of opinions on this. If you play loud with a lot of distortion, I'd go with one of the solidbody options already mentioned. I tend to play at a more moderate volume and have settled on the Newport as my favorite platform. Here are my two:

img_0994.jpg

50 minutes ago, burningyen said:

You're going to get all sorts of opinions on this. If you play loud with a lot of distortion, I'd go with one of the solidbody options already mentioned. I tend to play at a more moderate volume and have settled on the Newport as my favorite platform. Here are my two:

img_0994.jpg

I always liked the look of the gold tailpiece, gives it a fancier vibe, where the P90s and dots are all business. 

Archived