Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rick Nielsen NFT 🙄

Stike

That may be the stupidest thing I've seen all week.

Sorry, Rick.  That's lame as hell.

55 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Steve Vai did an NFT and apparently no one bought it:

I think Rick's about a year too late with this. 

Seriously.  NFTs are pretty much dead...and for good reason.

It was a stupid idea that some stupid people fell for because some scammers convinced them there was value in it.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

It was a stupid idea that some stupid people fell for because some scammers convinced them there was value in it.

My issue with Rick is that by now he must know that it's a pile of dogshit, yet here he is.
Pitiful money grab from his fanbase.  A shrinking, aging fanbase.

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Seriously.  NFTs are pretty much dead...and for good reason.

It was stupid when the trading card companies did it, too - buy a card that is guaranteed to be in perfect condition, but if you take physical possession, it's instantly downgraded.  If it even existed in the first place - I was never convinced the cards were actually made.

6 hours ago, Hbom said:

I only buy fungible guitars. And I keep them under my fungible bed in my fungible house.

"And you may find yourself....in a fungible house....with a fungible wife."

TSqw.gif

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Rick looked computer animated in that video. 

Perhaps it was a deep fake and he's really not an over-the-hill musician still holding on for dear life to what little fame remains from a 40 year old song library and stage persona.  

Perhaps, but I doubt it.  

36 minutes ago, mudshark said:

I had to Google NFT. :)~

Well you're one of the fortunate ones. 

Everything I have learned about NFTs, Crypto and Rick Nielsen for that matter, has been without my consent.  

I have a real CHECKERBOARD Hamer Standard.   Why do I need an expensive screensaver?

I bought two. Soon I will be super rich. When I sit in my new luxury castle and are buying up all the used Hamer's on the market,
you will be sorry that you did not buy one too. Muhahahahaha!

It's not even an original concept.  Limited "Prints" of famous art have been available for as long as I can remember.  A digital copy of something collectible is a logical progression.  The problem with collectibles is that the "market" created inflates the value of the item to a point that nobody would ever buy it at auction or accumulate all the ownership.  So, appreciation in value of the "shares" doesn't really occur.  The IRS has stated that losses in these investments is open to "review".  In my business, you don't every want to be "reviewed".  The IRS never plays "fair".

I don’t get it. It’s not anything real….just like crypto.  First the vodka and now this. Building the inheritance for the fam, I guess.

19 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I don’t get it. It’s not anything real….just like crypto.  First the vodka and now this. Building the inheritance for the fam, I guess.

Dream Police was a loooonnnnnng time ago.   

Archived