Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Frank Hartung----Possible value, BUT.....

One of my faves is a 2015 "Worntage 57," which is code for a 1957 inspired relic goldtop. With Frank's unique carving. Makes me smile every time I plug her in. I have a video demo of mine somewhere.

There is now a 2014 offered on eBay at what would otherwise be a very attractive price. If it catches your eye, ponder first.......It is in Japan (apparently) offered by a seller with many reports of sketchy behavior. Such as cancelling sales. Description? Indicated wear may just be the relic treatment. Mine is very tasteful. But "frets at 70%" and "cannot conform truss rod" and many negative reviews says "beware". Seller may not actually have possession. Could be another case of, "I will sell it to you at that price IF I can acquire from the local owner after I have your money. BTW, no returns".

That is a price I would pay IF I could play it in person and satisfy myself. (Expect import fees). Asking prices are usually much higher.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275551003238?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=cfcca718a30d4aa092050398f7a0bdf3&bu=43191330025&ut=RU&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1~1&crd=20221123032747&segname=11021#LISTING_FRAME_MODULE

Here is a link to a demo of mine. Def NOT me playing it!

The seller doesn't own it, which is why he is known for cancelling sales.  If you were to buy it, he would simply bid on it at that amount, and if he lost he would cancel your sale.  It's in violation of ebay policy but they don't do anything about it.

FWIW, I got mine on eBay (a LONG time ago) for a total cost to me of $2800. That WAS a while ago and it was a pure fluke that I had the winning (only) bid. Longer story, that. The seller swallowed hard, but was very good about it. Probably near half his cost. I consider it a great score. Not my numero uno, but I have no desire to cut it loose either. It really is that good. IMO.

Here's the original auction listing:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x1073038343

FWIW, the auction ended a couple of hours ago at a price of about $2,650. Add a couple hundred for shipping to get it to the US.

@naradis correct, that eBay listing is a sham, he would have cancelled any order made for it. Your have to be real careful with eBay sellers out of Japan. A few are legitimate, but many are like this one, lists what they don't own in hopes someone will buy at an inflated price. 

4 hours ago, currypowder said:

@naradis correct, that eBay listing is a sham, he would have cancelled any order made for it. Your have to be real careful with eBay sellers out of Japan. A few are legitimate, but many are like this one, lists what they don't own in hopes someone will buy at an inflated price. 

The same pics too.  Obviously, pilfered from the real owner's listing.

Archived